After School Program
Department of Parks & Recreation After School Program
S.O.A.R. (Schools Out Afternoon Recreation)
The After-School Program is for Norfolk residents in grades K - 8, during the NPS school year.
Participants must be enrolled in kindergarten through the eighth grade at one of the schools listed below.
To register, log in or create an account at norfolkfun.norfolk.gov. All participants must have a valid Facility Use Card and attend one of the feeder schools listed below to register. Registration opens on Monday, August 15th, at 10 a.m. in person and online.
Bayview Recreation Center
8613 Willow Terrace
Bayview Elementary School
Oceanair Elementary School
Oceanview Elementary School
Berkley Community Center
121 W. Liberty St.
St. Helena Elementary School
Crossroads Community Center
8019 Old Ocean View Rd.
Crossroads Elementary School
Fairlawn Recreation Center
1014 Kempsville Rd.
Lake Taylor Middle School
Huntersville Community Center
830 Goff St.
Jaycox Elementary School
Lindenwood Elementary School
P.B. Young Sr. Elementary School
Tidewater Park Elementary School
Norview Community Center
6380 Swells Point Rd.
Norview Elementary School
Norview Middle School
Sherwood Forest Community Center
4537 Little John Dr.
Sherwood Forest Elementary School
Tarrallton Community Center
2100 Tarrallton Dr.
Tanners Creek Elementary School
Tarrallton Elementary School
Titustown Recreation Center
7545 Diven St.
Sewells Point Elementary School
Payments are now made monthly. The first payment is due at registration. Payments are due by the 25th of each month for the upcoming month:
- $160 per month for elementary school students
- $80 per month for middle school students
- **New Power Up Rates (beginning 1/7/22)
- $40 per month for grades K - 5 / $20 per month for grades 6 - 8
A discounted Power Up rate is available through the Department of Human Services to individuals and families who qualify for Medicaid. To learn if you are qualified, check the Virginia Department of Social Services or call the Norfolk Department of Human Services at 757-664-6000.
- Questions? Please review our FAQs.
- Please contact the program location for registration information or email email@example.com.
- Details can be found in the After School Parent Handbook.
- B70 Transportation form must be completed and submitted to your school for approval in order to ride the bus.