Welcome to Norfolk AIR (Norfolk Address Information Resource). This application provides a single web page with information, maps, and aerial photography (current and historical) for an address. The application will reduce the need for users having to go to different applications to get information about an address.
The new version of Norfolk AIR was released on January 17, 2013.
- Norfolk Air 2.0 Release Features (PDF).
- Search by address, account number, or street name just by typing at least four or more characters and the application will return valid matches. The more you type the further list of choices is automatically refined.
- View aerial photography is available for 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2002, and 1999.
- View the parcel boundaries, dimensions, and address(s). This window includes tools to pan, zoom, and identify the adjoining properties.
- Create a report on the property with building photo, sketch, and property map.
View information on:
- Ownership, assessment/sale history, building information, facade photographs and building sketch
- School districts
- Municipal Services (trash collection, recycling, street sweeping, etc.)
- Planning Data (zoning, census tract/block, planning districts, rental inspection district, focus area, empowerment/enterprise zones)
- O Public Safety Information (police car sector/precinct, flood zone, airport sound/accident potential, fire demand zone, and hurricane zones)
- Civic Information (polling location, ward/super-ward, state/federal representatives, civic league)
- Code Enforcement Cases (active and historic)
- Building Permits (active and historic)
It is highly recommend you review the instruction guide (PDF) to learn how to use the application. Please make sure you turn off any pop-up blockers or some features of the application will not work. Below are the "quick start" directions:
- In the search box type in an address, account number, or street name
- You must select one choice from drop down list, and then click on the search button to the right of the search box.
- Click on any of the bars on the left had side of the screen to display information about an address.
The Interactive Zoning Mapper application provides users with a Quick Start Instruction Guide (PDF) on how to use the various tools to determine how a property is zoned, or if the property is within an overlay district.
We encourage new users to review the Quick Start Instruction Guide prior to accessing the application. For your convenience this document can also be downloaded. You must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to open this file.