The PATH Outreach Program is a grant-funded program, which provides outreach to homeless individuals who have mental health disorders, with or without co-occurring substance use disorders. The PATH Outreach program also provides consultation and training on homelessness and mental health disorders to the community. The population utilizing these services are those individuals who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless; have mental health disorders with or without co-occurring substance use disorders; and who are in need of treatment and/or shelter resources. The primary mission of the PATH Outreach Program is to:
- Provide outreach mental health services to individuals in the City of Norfolk who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless,
- Assist the identified population in accessing mainstream services for treatment, support, housing, and shelter, and
- Educate the community at large on the issues of homelessness and mental health disorders.
Our main goals in this program are to:
- Provide outreach and engage persons who are homeless in an effective working relationship
- Connect them to treatment and services to meet their needs
- Work to end their homelessness through assertive housing application assistance
Services provided under the PATH umbrella include:
- Resource provision to the identified population, as well as the service providers in contact with the population
Additionally, outreach case management services are provided to homeless individuals who have a serious mental illness and are interested in service provision with the goal of transition into mainstream treatment and housing.
Persons are enrolled in PATH through street and shelter outreach. Enrollment does not indicate that the individual is opened to services at NCSB. Clients presenting for services will meet the following criteria:
- Individuals who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless and who meet the criteria for a diagnosable mental health disorder under the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DMS IV).
- Individuals who are not currently enrolled in another NCSB program or service.
To make a referral to the PATH - Homeless Project: Persons seeking PATH services can leave a message for the Homeless Outreach Team, walk-in to Olney Road, or check with local homeless shelters and day centers for PATH outreach schedule.
7447 Central Business Park Dr
Norfolk, VA 23513