City Council is the legislative and policy-making body for the city of Norfolk and is the final authority on City matters. The Council establishes general City policies; appoints the City Manager, City Auditor, City Attorney, City Assessor, the City Clerk, and members of boards, committees and commissions; enacts ordinances, resolutions, and orders; approves the strategic plan and annual budget; and authorizes contracts on the City’s behalf.
NOTICE OF MEETING
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Council of the City of Norfolk will hold a Work Session on TUESDAY, MARCH 2, 2021, at 4:00 p.m., in the 810 Union Street, City Hall Building, Norfolk, Virginia.
This meeting is being held by electronic communication means pursuant to Item 4-0.01 in House Bill 30 (Chapter 1289) of the 2020 Session.
The Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia has declared a State of Emergency due to the public health danger of the novel coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, which constitutes a disaster and emergency under Virginia Code Section 44-146.16.
The COVID-19 pandemic makes it impracticable or unsafe for the City Council to assemble in a single location.
The purpose of this meeting is to discuss or transact the business statutorily required or necessary to continue operations of this public body and the discharge of its lawful purposes, duties, and responsibilities.
This meeting will be conducted by the following electronic communication means: telephonically and electronically through WebEx.
The public may electronically obtain a copy of the meeting notification/agenda on or before Friday, February 26, 2021, online at www.norfolk.gov.
There will be no public comment at this Work Session.
In order to comply with State and Federal recommendations, occupancy in the Conference Room will be limited.
Public access to listen to or observe the meeting in real-time without attending the meeting in person will be available through these platforms:
1. For Norfolk Residents on NorfolkTV-48
2. Through livestream on the City’s website: https://www.norfolk.gov/1119/City-Council-Meeting-Videos-Podcasts
3. Through WebEx Video: https://convoice.webex.com
- Meeting Number 160 173 1193
- Password: council2021#
4. Through WebEx Phone: 1-415-655-0002
- Access Code: 160 173 1193
- Password: council2021#
Richard A. Bull
Virginian Pilot – Friday, February 26, 2021
- Norfolk is a national leader in the quality of life offered to all its citizens.
- This is achieved through effective partnerships between city government and its constituents.
- As a result, Norfolk is a physically attractive, socially supportive, and financially sound city.
- Here, the sense of community is strong.
- Neighborhoods are designed so that people of all ages can know their neighbors and travel the streets and sidewalks safely.
- The sense of community exists citywide.
- Norfolk is known nationally as a strategically located place where there are abundant and fulfilling employment, recreational, and educational opportunities.