Keep Norfolk Beautiful
Keep Norfolk Beautiful works to lead our community to reduce litter, recycle right, and beautify Norfolk through education and volunteerism. These efforts help support clean, safe, and resilient neighborhoods.
Pride Pick Up Party
Join KNB and the LGBT Life Center to close out Pride Month on June 30th with a family-friendly Pick Up Party at Lafayette Park! Wear your best pride colors and show love to Mother Earth. Please meet at the Ernie Morgan Environmental Action Center located at 3500A Granby Street at 6:00 pm to start the party. Following the cleanup, an after party will be held at MJ's where participants can receive a 10% discount on all food purchases with event wristband! *Discount valid one night only, night of cleanup.*
All supplies will be provided by KNB and all ages are welcome! Register to attend now!
Special Waste Collection Event
July 24th, Norfolk residents can drive-thru or walk up and drop off household hazardous waste and plastic bags, for FREE, at the Berkley Human Services parking lot at 925 S Main St.
- Drive-thru, drop-off is from 9 AM to 11 AM.
- Walk-up, drop-off is from 10 AM to 12 PM.
- Register to attend!
- Register to volunteer!
- Check out our flyer to learn more.
Summer Family Fun Days
Join us in the park for one, two, or all three of our Summer Family Fun Days. These activities will be fun and educational. Play a game, enjoy the park, and win a prize!
- July 14th - Park Scavenger Hunt, 5:30 PM.
- July 29th - Journey of a Plastic Bag Game, 10:00 AM.
- August 11 - Life-Size Recycle Right Board Game, 10:00 AM.
- Register Today!
Green Bucket Brigade
The Green Bucket Brigade is the City of Norfolk's newest litter task force! The program is currently piloting with residents and businesses. Registration will reopen as more buckets become available.
- For current participants, report your Green Bucket Brigade cleanups.
- KNB's May 2021 Newsletter
- Catch up on all things KNB! The Great American Cleanup is in full swing this spring, with record-breaking cleanups happening every weekend since March. Additionally, read more on Memorial Day's upcoming Beachside Litter Challenge, our successful Norfolk Recycles Day, and the Green Bucket Brigade. Stay up-to date on all upcoming opportunities and more!
- 2021 Recycling Calendar
- Never miss a recycling pickup day with this helpful calendar.
- Pet Waste Station Adopters Bag Request
- Use this form to request bags for your pet waste station.
- Interested in adopting a pet waste station? Learn more at AskHRGreen.org.
- Let us help with your community beautification projects. Use this form to register your event, borrow garden tools, and get help recruiting volunteers.
- E-cycling Information
- Learn more about acceptable electronic waste and where to take it.
- Document Shredding Information
- Learn more about the City's document shredding services.
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Find out what is acceptable household hazardous waste and where to take it.