- Departments N to V
- Public Works
- Keep Norfolk Beautiful
Keep Norfolk Beautiful
Keep Norfolk Beautiful works to lead our community to reduce litter, recycle right, and beautify Norfolk through education and volunteerism. These efforts help support clean, safe, and resilient neighborhoods.
Appointments are required for supply pick-ups, drop-offs, and all programming needs. Please call ahead (757) 441-1347 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least 3 days prior to your event.
The Great American Cleanup runs from March 1 - May 31. Register now to get started!
Can this be recycled? Find out now and put an end to wish-cycling and contamination with our new Waste Wizard! Search any item, learn what goes in what bin, and find locations for special waste drop-off.
Recycling has never been easier!
Test Your Recycling Skills
Click here to play now
Drive-thru and drop-off your hard to dispose of waste at 6501 Chesapeake Blvd from 9:00 AM - Noon. The event will feature household hazardous waste and electronic disposal, plastic bag and film collection, and on-site secure shredding.
* Proof of Norfolk residency is required.
* Event entrance on Middleton Pl.
* Limit of 5 electronic items per household.
Learn more about accepted items.
FREE Cigarette Receptacles for Norfolk Businesses!
Good or bad, our everyday actions can have a lasting impact on the environment. Make the responsible decision when it comes to cigarette waste disposal, provide your patrons a receptacle! While supplies last, Keep Norfolk Beautiful is offering free wall-mounted or stand-alone cigarette receptacles. To reserve one today, complete our online application.
Request to be added to KNB's newsletter.
- 2023 Recycling Calendar
- Never miss a recycling pickup day with this helpful calendar.
- Pet Waste Station Adopters Bag Request
- Use this form to request bags for your KNB pet waste station.
- Interested in adopting a pet waste station? Learn more at AskHRGreen.org.
- Beautification Event and Tool Registration Form
- Let us help with your community beautification projects. Use this form to register your event, borrow garden tools, and get help recruiting volunteers.
- E-cycling Information
- As of April 14, 2023, electronic waste (e-waste) is no longer accepted at Towing and Recovery, 1188-A Lance Road. Norfolk residents must take all e-waste to the Norfolk SPSA Transfer Station located at 3136 Woodland Avenue, free of charge. Residents can drop off e-waste at the transfer station on Tuesdays & Thursdays, noon - 4:00 PM.
E-waste must be delivered in a personal vehicle. There is an e-waste disposal limit of five items per visit. Commercial e-waste is not accepted. View a list of acceptable items (PDF).
- Document Shredding Information
- Learn more about the City's document shredding services.
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal
- Find out what household hazardous waste is and where to take it.