The Norfolk Animal Care & Adoption Center (NACC) is actively recruiting volunteers to show their love for animals by donating their time. Enrich the lives of adoptable pets and people every day. Volunteer now!
Benefits of Volunteering
- Increased satisfaction from making a difference in the lives of homeless (shelter) animals.
- Strong ties to our community of fellow animal lovers.
- Deeper understanding of animal care and behavior.
- Reduced stress levels for volunteers and shelter animals alike.
Our Commitment to you
The staff members at NACC truly appreciated our Volunteers service and dedication to helping the City of Norfolk's homeless animals. We want to make sure you have a wonderful and enjoyable experience. We strive to:
- Provide you with as much adequate information, training, and assistance so that you can be successful in your volunteering position.
- Provide you with guidance, goals to obtain, and constructive feedback.
- Respect your skills, dignity, and individual needs.
- Be open-minded and receptive to your thoughts, ideas, and suggestions.
- Treat you as a valued team member along with staff, as you are equally important in our life-saving mission.
Diversity and Inclusion
In accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, the NACC expressly prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, transgender, non-binary, intersex, pregnancy, age, national origin, military or veteran status, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. We at NACC provide equal opportunities to all volunteer applicants for the volunteer program and truly stand behind and embrace the diversity that is the City of Norfolk's residents.