Bulk Waste Collection
Bulk waste must be called in to 757-664-6510, submitted via email, or entered online by 3 p.m. the day prior to collection.
This is a Citizen Services Portal request (Request Bulk Waste).
Curbside Recycling Schedule
Collection occurs every other week on the same day as trash collection.
Review the Curbside Recycling / Trash Collection Schedule.
Review the following garbage collection tips:
- Cart lids should be closed
- Household trash, recycling, bulk waste, yard waste and tires are all collected at the curb
- Items may be taken to the curb beginning at 5 p.m. the day before collection and no later than 7 a.m. the day of collection
- Place carts six feet from vehicles, poles and other obstructions
- Place carts so that the bar faces the street and wheels face the residence
- Collection of non-commercial sized tires shall be limited to four (4) tires per collection day and twelve (12) tires per year.
- Yard waste is collected on the same day as regular trash collection
Request an additional trash can or trash can repair, this is a Citizen Services Portal request (Request Additional Waste Container/Container).
The City of Norfolk provides quality, comprehensive and environmentally sound waste management services.