The bureau maintains information necessary to administer benefit payments to members, performs accounting and payroll tasks according to federal and state regulations pertaining to qualified pension funds, and provides retirement and death benefits to the system membership in accordance with Chapter 37 of the Norfolk City Code.
View the following for information about the Retirement Bureau’s meetings:
- Board of Trustees Information
- Bi-Monthly Board of Trustee Meeting Schedule (PDF)
- Quarterly Educational Outreach Schedule (PDF)
NERS Annual Financial Reports
- 2020 NERS Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - Current
- 2020 Popular Annual Financial Report
- Please visit the NERS Consolidated Annual Financial Reports Archive Page to view the past and present Consolidated Annual Financial Reports
NERS “KNOW 2 ASK” Series
Basic information needed to empower you to ask important retirement-related questions. Knowing who and what to ask is the key.
Pre-Retirement Frequently Asked Questions
- City of Norfolk Employee Retirement Benefit Estimator
- PeopleSoft Self-Service
- Self-Service Forgot My Password Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service Log in Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service View Paycheck Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service Change of Address Instructions(PDF)
- Retiree PeopleSoft Self-Service Benefits Enrollment Instructions (PDF)
Forms & Notices
View the different forms and notices.