2020 1099-R forms will be mailed to members no later than January 31, 2021 Retirees who receive an Accidental Disability Retirement benefit allowance will not receive a 1099-R. Accidental Disability Retirements are not reportable or taxable by the government.
The bureau maintains information necessary to administer benefit payments to members, performs accounting and payroll tasks according to federal and state regulations pertaining to qualified pension funds, and provides retirement and death benefits to the system membership in accordance with Chapter 37 of the Norfolk City Code.
View the following for information about the Retirement Bureau’s meetings:
NERS Annual Financial Reports
- 2020 NERS Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - Current
- 2020 Popular Annual Financial Report
- Please visit the NERS Annual Financial Reports Archive Page to view the past and present Annual Financial Reports
NERS “KNOW 2 ASK” Series
Basic information needed to empower you to ask important retirement-related questions. Knowing who and what to ask is the key.
Pre-Retirement Frequently Asked Questions
- City of Norfolk Employee Retirement Benefit Estimator
- People Soft Self-Service
- Self-Service Forgot My Password Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service Log in Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service Open Enrollment Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service View Paycheck Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service Change of Address Instructions(PDF)
- Self-Service Direct Deposit Update Instructions (PDF)
- Self-Service Federal Tax Withholding Update Instructions (PDF)
Forms & Notices
View the different forms and notices.