Budget & Strategic Planning
About Our Department
The Department of Budget and Strategic Planning monitors the current fiscal year’s budget on a monthly basis and assists departments on budgeting matters to assure a balanced budget at the end of the year.
The department also provides analytical service, demographic geographic information support, and special project assistance for the city manager.
The Grants Management Team directs the monitoring and support of citywide grant activity to leverage city resources with funds from federal, state, and philanthropic sources.
CivicLab Norfolk offers programs, tools, and training to help employees and residents understand and harness our city’s data to improve our community.
Distinguished Budget Presentation Award
The Department of Budget and Strategic Planning received the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) award of Distinguished Presentation for its annual budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2020. In order to receive this award, a government unit must publish a budget document that meets program criteria as a policy document, as an operations guide, as a financial plan, and as a communication device. The Distinguished Budget Presentation Award is the highest award in governmental budgeting and is presented to governments whose budgets are judged to adhere to program standards.
News & Announcements
- FY 2023 Budget Reconciliation Letter (PDF)
- FY 2023 Proposed Budget Presentation (PDF)
- FY 2023 Proposed Budget City Manager's Message (PDF)
- FY 2023 Proposed Budget Document
- FY 2023 Proposed Budget Public Hearing - A Public Hearing for the Operating, CIP, and HUD Annual Plan will take place on April 6, 2022 at 6:00 pm at Granby High School. Residents who want to speak about budget issues can do so during the public hearing. Instructions on how to comment are posted on City Council's webpage.
- Proposed FY 2023 Budget Presentation to City Council