PowerUp! Partners & Discounts
The PowerUp! program is designed to increase access to Norfolk’s many arts, entertainment and cultural amenities by offering free or discounted admission and/or membership fees to low-income residents.
We believe the arts, culture and recreational opportunities enrich our neighborhoods and our residents. We seek to ensure that all our residents can participate in these powerful and empowering educational opportunities.
Partners & Discounts
- Colonial Williamsburg
- PowerUp! Participants receive $5 single day admission ticket per cardholder ages 6+, under 6 years old free
- Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount
- Generic Theater
- $5 tickets to any scheduled performance through Generic Theater's Arts4All initiative
- Any individual receiving public assistance for housing, food or medical is eligible
- Redeem at Generic Theater box office by presenting SNAP, EBT, Medicaid or other proof of public assistance
- Norfolk Botanical Garden
- Regular Garden admission discount is free to PowerUp! participants with ID.
- Discount not valid during special events and cannot be applied toward seasonal boat tours.
- Norfolk Department of Parks & Recreation
- Facility Use Cards
- Adult (18-64): $20/annually
- Youth (5-17): $10/annually
- Family (Adult + 3 or more): $50/annually
- Daily Facility Entry: $2
- S.O.A.R. After School program
- Grades K-5: $40/month
- Grades 6-8: $20/month
- Facility Use Cards
- Seven Venues
- $6 off blue level tickets $2 off gold, red and white level tickets
- Virginia Arts Festival
- $10 for select performances
- Virginia Opera
- Pay-What-You-Wish pricing starting at $5 per ticket per person.
- Redeem at the Virginia Opera box office by presenting SNAP, EBT, Medicaid or other proof of public assistance.
- Virginia Stage Company
- Virginia Symphony Orchestra
- Up to 4 complimentary tickets during 2018 to 2019 Pops and Classics season in Norfolk
- Virginia Zoo
- Adults & Children $6 admission (children under 2 are free)
- Please bring a valid Medicaid or qualifying insurance card with you upon arrival for each ticket purchased. If proof of discount qualification is not provided, you will be charged the cost to upgrade to a Full Price General Admission ticket
- Open Daily from 9:30 am – 4 pm (last admission at 3 pm), except major winter holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day)
- Excludes special events and cannot be combined with other coupons or discounts.