Business Partnership Program
Emergencies happen; is your organization prepared? The Department of Emergency Preparedness and Response recognizes that private businesses and organizations play an invaluable role in preparing for emergencies and enhancing the overall resilience of Norfolk. From large-scale events to localized incidents, organizations need to know where, when, and how to respond to minimize the impact to operations.
Under Norfolk's Private Sector Emergency Support Function 19, our department supports the private sector through information sharing, partnership building and education.
Every organization wants to make decisions based on accurate and timely information. Multiple avenues of communication and tools are offered to the City's partners via:
- Dominion Energy Outage Map
- EOC and on-site meetings/tours
- Norfolk Alert
- NWS Sewells Point Tide Gauge
- NWS Wakefield Briefing Page
- Situation Reports during an incident
- Social Media
- Team Norfolk Business Partner Distribution List
Taking steps to prepare your organization for an emergency now directly affects your ability to recover later. Including staff, volunteers, and vendors in your planning efforts is an essential component of preparedness. Below are resources that can assist you and your organization increase resiliency should an emergency occur at or near your location of business.
- Commercial Property Loss Questions and Answers
- DHS Protective Security Advisor Program
- DNC-PMC Florence Briefing (PDF)
- FBI Business Resources
- FBI Infraguard - Norfolk Chapter
- FCC: Cybersecurity for Small Businesses
- Flood Insurance/Flood Zone Map
- Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety
- Know Your Zone
- Norfolk Alert
- Norfolk Fire-Rescue Stop the Bleed and Hands-only CPR Training: Call 757-664-6510 to schedule a training
- Norfolk Police Department Active Threat Training: View Training Contact Information (PDF)
- Ready.Gov Business Preparedness Kit
- Small Business Administration – Prepare for Emergencies
- Tourism Business Resilience Self-Assessment
If would like to become a partner or request additional educational material, please contact Steven Pyle, Deputy Emergency Management Coordinator via email or at 757-441-5598.