What is VIEW?
The Virginia Initiative for Education and Work (VIEW) program, located in the City of Norfolk's Workforce Development Center, is designed to help parents and their families achieve the goal of self-sufficiency. To this end, VIEW assists participants to achieve employment, provides supportive services, and encourages personal responsibility.
Benefits & Support
Families receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) may be eligible for the following while in VIEW:
- Career/Job Development
- Case Management
- Child Care
- Job Readiness Training
- Medicaid Healthcare Coverage
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Transportation Assistance
What Are the Goals?
VIEW is designed to help parents and their families achieve the goal of self-sufficiency.
- Allow families living below the federal poverty level to contribute to their goal of self-sufficiency.
- Help participants obtain work skills and experience.
- Instruct participants in Job Readiness and Job Searching.
- Provide positive incentives to encourage work.
- Provide work experience via the volunteer Public Service Program
- Support families in achieving economic independence.
See more information and apply for assistance.