Purchase Residential Districts Parking Permits
Residential Parking Permit (RPP) are available to residents and commercial businesses located within the zoned residential districts of Norfolk. The boundaries of each RPP district can be viewed on this map (PDF).
Governing Issuance of RPPs
The following regulations shall govern the issuance of RPP residential and commercial business parking permits:
- RPP decals are issued to residents only. Decals are issued annually (June 1 through May 31 of the following year, regardless of purchase date).
- The maximum number of decals issued to a commercial business is 1 decal per 350 square feet of office or shop floor space minus any off street parking spaces. The number of decals should not exceed the number of employees at that location.
- One complimentary Visitor's Pass hang tag will be issued per household.
- Additional Visitor's Pass hang tags may be purchased at the Parking Customer Service Center.
- RPP decals are not transferable. If the vehicle is traded or the bumper is to be replaced, carefully scrape the decal from the bumper and return it to the Parking Customer Service Center for a new decal at no cost.
- The decal shall be displayed on the left rear (driver's side) bumper of the vehicle and shall be visible to vehicles approaching from the rear.
- Decals that have been lost, stolen or destroyed may be replaced by contacting the Parking Customer Service Center.
Requesting an RPP
Residents and commercial business owners requesting an RPP parking permit should download and complete an RPP Registration Application (PDF)providing basic address and vehicle information. Submit the completed RPP application and required documentation by FlexPort or in person at the Parking Customer Service Center.
|Permit Type||May 1 through November 30||December 1 through the End of February||March 1 through May 30|
|New RPP Pass||$10||$5||$3|
|Replacement RPP (old returned)||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Replacement RPP (old not returned)||$1||$1||$1|
|Replacement Visitor's Pass||$1||$1||$1|
Updates to residential location and vehicle registration should be reported to the Parking Customer Service Center within 30 days of change.
To establish an RPP residential parking account, the following documentation will accompany submission of the RPP Registration Application.
- Copy of a current and fully-executed lease identifying an approved residential property located within the zoned residential districts RPP of Norfolk
- Copy of a HUD Form 1 for an approved residential property located within the zoned residential districts of Norfolk
- Vehicle registration for each vehicle listed on the RPP Registration Application
- By mail - Make checks or money orders payable to Treasurer, City of Norfolk
- In person - The Parking Customer Service Center also accepts cash and credit cards
- By FlexPort