W Ocean View Ave & Tidewater Dr Intersection Improvements Project
Download the Project Information Sheet (PDF).
Download the Project Sketch (PDF).
Tentative Project Schedule
- Phase 1 (Spring 2019 – Winter 2020)
- Lane shifts only, no lane closures
- Tidewater Drive northbound transition from 2 lanes to 1 lane shifted closer to Mason Creek Rd (will become a permanent change)
- Phase 2 (Winter 2020 – Spring 2020)
- Ocean View Ave eastbound onto Tidewater Drive southbound reduced from 2 lanes to 1 lane (will become a permanent change)
- Complete installation and activation of new traffic signals
- Phase 3 (Spring 2020 – Summer 2020)
- Close existing eastbound Ocean View Ave lane leading to flyover and redirect all traffic to new signalized intersection
- Demolish bridge and portions of approaches
- Complete all work and close out project
- Each of the phases in the project schedule have associated temporary traffic patterns. Download the Anticipated Temporary Traffic Patterns Handout (PDF).
- During construction, residents and people passing through the work area can expect the following traffic management measures:
- Entrances affected by the work zone will be maintained at all times to provide access to businesses and/or residents
- Intermittent closures of existing sidewalk
- One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction along westbound Ocean View Avenue and Tidewater Drive at all times (except during bridge demolition)
- Two lanes of traffic will be maintained on Ocean View Avenue eastbound from 4th View Street to Tidewater Drive at all times (except during bridge demolition)
- Bridge demolition will require full closure of Tidewater Drive for several nights and one full weekend – tentatively scheduled for Spring 2020.
- There will be message boards up announcing traffic pattern changes ahead of time
- Anyone interested in receiving updates by email can request to be added to the list by emailing the Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tidewater Drive closure will be announced in a press release, on the city website, in the city newsletter, and to nearby civic league boards