W Ocean View Ave & Tidewater Dr Intersection Improvements Project
Download the Project Information Sheet (PDF). *Updated on 9/16/20*
Download the Project Sketch (PDF). *Updated on 9/16/20*
October 15, 2020 Traffic Notification
For one to two weeks starting next Tuesday, October 20th, one of the following temporary conditions can be expected between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.:
- Temporary roadway closure on eastbound W Ocean View Ave between Tidewater Dr and Mason Creek Rd: Vehicles will be detoured along Tidewater Dr and Mason Creek Rd.
- Temporary roadway closure on southbound Tidewater Dr between W Ocean View Ave and Mason Creek Rd: Vehicles will be detoured along eastbound W Ocean View Ave and Mason Creek Rd.
These traffic shifts are necessary to facilitate installation of new streetlights by Dominion Energy and complete sidewalk construction along southbound Tidewater Drive. Once this work is complete, there will be another round of detours to facilitate milling and repaving. Anticipated traffic patterns during milling and repaving will be announced ahead of time.
The new intersection of W Ocean View Ave and Tidewater Drive was opened in July 2020. Project completion is anticipated in fall of 2020.
Download the Temporary Traffic Pattern Sketch (PDF). During construction, the following traffic management measures can be expected:
- Entrances affected by the work zone will be maintained at all times to provide access to businesses and/or residents
- Intermittent closures of existing sidewalk
- One lane of traffic will be maintained along westbound W Ocean View Avenue and in each direction on Tidewater Drive (except select short duration activities)
- Two lanes of traffic will be maintained on W Ocean View Avenue eastbound from 4th View Street to Tidewater Drive (except select short duration activities)
- There will be message boards up announcing traffic pattern changes ahead of time
- Traffic pattern changes and major activities will be announced on this webpage, on Nextdoor.com, and by email to nearby civic league boards and the project update email list.
- Anyone interested in receiving updates by email can request to be added to the list by emailing the Project Manager, email@example.com.