COVID-19 Refund Policy
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Department of Recreation, Parks & Open Space has cancelled or postponed the following programs and classes.
Automatic refunds will be processed for:
• Before and After School Program- Participants will receive refunds (50% payment for March and full refund for any future months).
• Spring Break Camps- Full refunds will be provided.
• Room Reservations- As the patrons scheduled rental date passes, we will automatically process refunds once the date passes.
• Fee Based Classes- Spring Classes and Therapeutic Programs due to begin on March 30th and after will be postponed until Summer Session. Rescheduled dates will be provided in the near future.
Summer Camp registration:
• Summer Camp registration currently scheduled for April 6 and 7 is postponed until further notice. Additional updates will be provided at a future date.
Norfolk Fitness & Wellness Center memberships:
• The Norfolk Fitness & Wellness indoor pool is permanently closed. It is no longer viable for the pool to remain open. The dome has reached its useful life. Based on engineering review from an outside structural engineering firm and city engineers, the collapse or loosening of additional parts, panels, etc. could result in a hazardous and unsafe condition for our patrons.
• Beginning on April 1, 2020 members will receive a prorated refund depending on when their membership was established.
• Checks will be sent by mail to the address we have on file for you regardless of how your payment was made. To collect your complimentary pass(es) please bring in your notice as well as your ID to your nearest recreation center once the COVID19 pandemic has subsided and normal city operations have commenced.
• Beginning April 1, 2020, the Norfolk Fitness & Wellness membership rates will align with the department’s recreation & community center fee structure:
• $20.00 annually for youth (17 and under)
• $50.00 annually for adults
• Free for residents ages 65 and over
• $50.00 annually for youth (17 and under)
• $125.00 annually for adults
As this is new territory for us all, please know that we are working diligently to process refunds as quickly as possible. It is recommended that you login to Webtrac and ensure that your address, phone number and email are correct. Checks will be sent in the mail for payments made by check, cash or money order to the address you have on file in our system. Credit card payments will be refunded to the credit card used for the initial purchase if payments were made electronically. If you have additional questions, please send an email and include the following information:
• Name of requestor
• Household # (if known)
• Phone Number
• Registered participants
• Class start date