Welcome to OpenNorfolk!
OpenNorfolk is a boots-on-the-ground community assistance program that is helping local businesses open safely under The Governor’s Phase 1-3 Guidelines. In Phase 3, OpenNorfolk will continue to assist local businesses while focusing on neighborhoods and communities, aiming to fill needs for outdoor programming, safe places for families and kids, and community activation. The program will provide temporary, flexible Neighborhood Spots that ensure that the communities in which they are built can deliver their vision for a safe, healthy, educational summer pop-up park.
This is a city-wide effort that requires lots of help! We need volunteers for OpenNorfolk to help bring the visions to life by assisting with building, assembly, and construction of the Neighborhood Spots. Volunteers can opt to work in their own section of the city or in another neighborhood. We are seeking volunteers in two (2) different locations each day, for five (5) days, in two-hour (2 hr) shifts.
- Monday, June 29, 10:00am – 4:00pm
- Tuesday, June 30, 10:00am-4:00pm
- Wednesday, July 01, 10:00am-4:00pm
- Thursday, July 02, 10:00am-4:00pm
- Friday, July 03, 10:00am-4:00pm
Five Points: Corner of Sewells Point Rd & Bland St. (approximately 6123 Sewells Point Road.
Broad Creek: Corner of E. Princess Anne Rd. & Roberts Rd. (approximately 1200 Roberts Rd.)
Parking is available at each location. Please report to the Volunteer Tent for check-in and task assignments.
Monday — Friday: Five Points
Tuesday — Friday: Broad Creek
All volunteers must be 18 and over.
Please bring your own mask and gloves. If you are unable to provide your own, we will provide them. You must stay 6 feet away from other volunteers, staff and team captains.
Please be advised that by signing up for a slot, you agree to the conditions of the Waiver.
- May 14, 2020 - City of Norfolk Unveils OpenNorfolk
- May 20, 2020 - OpenNorfolk Innovates Outdoor Dining Spaces
- Restaurant Guidelines
- Blanket letter of permit to Virginia ABC of Law Enforcement from the City of Norfolk
- Use of Public Right of Way Permit
- Do Your Part (12x19)
- Do Your Part (Español)
- Do Your Part (Mandarin)
- Face Coverings (12x19)
- Face Covering (Español)
- Face Covering (Mandarin)
- Symptoms (12x19)
- Symptoms (Español)
- Symptoms (Mandarin)
- Pedestrian Priority Zone (36x48)
- Street Restrictions (36x48)
- To Go Pickup Zone (12x19)
- To Go Pickup Zone (24x36)
- 6ft Apart Stencil
- Do Your Part, Stay 6ft Apart
- OpenNorfolk Stencil
Outdoor Spaces - Phase 3
- Do Your Part 6ft (12x19)
- Do Your Part 10ft (12x19)
- Stop the Spread of Germs (12x19)
- Symptoms (12x19)
- Wash Your Hands (12x19)
Economic Disaster Assistance Grant
Round Two of application intake will take place from June 12, 2020 to June 19, 2020. Required documentation for application submission is available here.