New Residential Parking Portal
Norfolk, VA - Residential and Business Parking Permits applications for new or renewed parking permits for on-street parking in the right-of-way may be obtained from Parking’s self-service portal. This portal may also be accessed through Parking’s web page at www.norfolk.gov click the round “Parking” button and then click “Customer Self Service” icon.
How Do I Use the New RPP Program?
Go to RPP How To Instructions
Residents and businesses should continue to use their current stickers or hang tags until they have registered in the new program. Please note that the new program has the following changes with respect to how your vehicle is identified.
- Zone bumper stickers will be replaced by license plates for vehicles permanently issued parking privileges in a Residential Zone. No license plate is required for Visitor permits.
Visitor Pass Program
- Each household is still eligible to obtain one complimentary yearly Visitor pass.
- You also can continue to purchase additional 30-day Visitor passes for $2.00.
Note: All Visitor passes are required to be placed on the dash of each vehicle parking in the Zone. You are not required to submit any license plate information for Visitor passes.
After you set up your new account in the customer service portal you will be prompted to change your password. After changing your password, you will be able to register your vehicles (permanent Zone pass) and/or apply for Visitor passes.
The process to register by providing your three forms of identification below has not changed.
- An uploaded copy of your rental lease or proof of home ownership.
- An uploaded copy of your valid vehicle registration.
- An uploaded copy of your driver’s license.
After staff review of your documentation you will receive confirmation that you are registered. The system sends automated updates via email so that you can be apprised of the progress of your application and be able to retain receipt information for your records.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by our Customer Service Center located at 222 East Main Street which is open Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.