- Eviction Prevention Resources List
- Free Mediation Available
- Norfolk’s VIEW program offers employment services including rental and mortgage assistance, security deposit and utility bills. Learn more at https://www.norfolk.gov/4260/Welcome-to-VIEW or call 757-664-6116
- There is Utility bill relief available at www.norfolk.gov/utilityrelief. Customers can also call (757) 664-6700 for payment extensions and to set up a payment plan.
- For a directory of resources for all of Hampton Roads click https://www.resources757.org/
- Rent Relief Program application overview in English and Spanish
- Rent Relief Program application tips in English and Spanish
- The Consumer Finance Protection Bureau (CFPB) has information and resources for homeowners and renters during the coronavirus national emergency. For more information, visit https://www.consumerfinance.gov/coronavirus/mortgage-and-housing-assistance/.
- The Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) is administering the state’s Rent Relief Program (RRP). Renters and landlords are eligible to apply directly to DHCD. For additional details, FAQs and to apply, visit https://www.dhcd.virginia.gov/rmrp.
- How long do I have before my landlord can evict me?
- What are my rights as a renter?
- Can my landlord just kick me out now?
- What should I do if my landlord tries to illegally lock me out of my rental?
- Can I negotiate with my landlord to avoid eviction and catch up on the past-due rent?
- What bills should I pay if I can’t afford all my expenses?
- I need help, but don’t know where to go. Where do I start?
- What additional resources are available?