While our customer service lobby remains closed, we are still available to serve you. Click-through the bill payment options tabs for resources.
Didn’t find what you need? You can reach an account representative at 757-664-6700. You may experience longer than usual wait times. If you don’t wish to hold, feel free to email your questions or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all inquiries within two business days.
To report a water main break or sewer backup, call 757-823-1000, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Approved Product Listing for Bids
- AskHRGreen.org - For a cleaner, greener Norfolk
- Bid Postings
- Boat Permits
- Call Before You Dig
- Community Connections
- Construction Details for Bids
- Construction - Community Improvement Projects
- Contact Us
- Cross Connection
- Design and Construction Standards
- Fight the Fat! Fats, oils, and grease (FOG) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Fishing Maps
- Hampton Roads Sanitation District (HRSD)
- History of Norfolk Department of Utilities
- Lake Star Homes (LSH)
- Miss Utilities - Call Before You Dig 1-800-552-7001
- Norfolk Modifications to 5th Edition of HRPDC
- Payment Assistance Programs - Norfolk Emergency Utility (Water) Payment Program or ShareH2O
- Reservoir Elevations
- Shoreline Protection
- Trash and Recycling
- Water Quality Report
- Water Testing
- Watershed Protection @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
HRUBS Payment Options
- Dropbox - Convenient dropbox "fire hydrants" are located outside of City facilities. Only checks and money orders are accepted at the drop boxes. No cash, please. All payments deposited at a dropbox prior to noon on a business day will be posted that day. Payments deposited afternoon will be posted the next business day. Click here for a complete listing of locations.
- Mail - Send to HRUBS P. O. Box 71092 Charlotte, NC 28272-1092. Checks and money orders are accepted through the mail. No cash, please. Be sure to include your payment stub and write your account number on your check or money order.
- Online - Go to the HRSD website and follow the instructions to enter payment information. You may register for frequent online payments or make a one-time payment.
- Phone - Dial 1-844-257-6063 to make a payment. You may use a checking or savings account; debit or ATM card; or any Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit card. You will need your HRUBS account. Please be prepared to record the confirmation number.
For Watermain Breaks and Sewer Overflows Call 757-823-1000
(Non-emergencies call 757-664-6700)
Speak to a live operator 24-hours a day, 365 days a year. Utilities repair teams are on call 24/7 to respond to water and wastewater emergencies.
If you detect the following, please call us first:
- Inability to flush toilets
- Gray water coming from the clean-out box
- Gray water in the street with an odor
- Pavement cave in with gray water
- Strong odor coming from a wastewater pump station
- Water main breaks
- Water leaks
- Low water pressure
- Rusty water
- Odors in your water
Before you call a plumber, read more about how we can help.
Construction of a new tap connection. For assistance with tap fees, please email email@example.com and a Utilities employee will contact you directly to process your payment or answer your questions.
Hurricane season began with June, but it's not too late to prepare. Be sure to include the essentials, like Norfolk tap water, when creating an emergency plan. Read more...
Norfolk Utilities and health department officials advise business owners and operators who closed or evacuated buildings due to COVID-19 to thoroughly flush their establishment’s plumbing systems before reopening. Read more...