Norfolk’s Department of Utilities is the second largest waterworks in the Commonwealth of Virginia. As a regional water purveyor, Norfolk provides top quality drinking water to 1 million customers in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, parts of Chesapeake, and to the US Navy. In addition to water, the Department of Utilities also provides wastewater collection service to approximately 240,000 residents in Norfolk.
Go to the HRSD website, and then follow the instructions to enter payment information. You may register for frequent online payments or make a one time payment.
to HRUBS P. O. Box 71092 Charlotte, NC 28272-1092. Checks and money orders are accepted through the mail. No cash please. Be sure to include your payment stub and write your account number on your check or money order.
- Drop Box
All of our convenient drop box "fire hydrants" are clearly marked. Only checks and money orders are accepted at the drop boxes. No cash, please. All payments deposited at a drop box prior to noon on a business day will be posted that day. Payments deposited after noon will be posted the next business day.
Dial 1-844-257-6063 to make a payment. You may use your checking or savings account; your debit or ATM card; or any Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card. You will need your HRUBS account. Please be prepared to record confirmation number.
- In-Person - Click here for payment locations. Cash, checks, and money orders are accepted at the payment windows.
- If you have received a cut-off notice, or your service has been discontinued for non-payment, please visit one of our authorized "pay in person" sites to ensure timely processing of your payment.
- If you need a copy of your most recent utility bill, please contact the Customer Service Division at 757-664-6700. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Last updated September 2019
- Bayview Neighborhood - Surveying Notice for Water and Sewer Improvements
- Bayview Neighborhood Water and Sewer Improvements
- Chesterfield Heights Neighborhood - Update Sanitary Sewer & Water Infrastructure Improvements
- Chesterfield Heights Neighborhood Sanitary Sewer & Water Infrastructure Improvements
- Colley Ave. between Lamberts Point Rd and W. 28th St.
- East Ocean View Project Update — Water and Sanitary Sewer Infrastructure Improvements
- Larchmont-Edgewater Neighborhood - Rolfe Ave. Urgent Sewer Repair
- Larchmont-Edgewater Neighborhood - Walnut Hill Pump Station Repairs
- Miller Store Road Water Meter Vault & Pipe Abandonment
- Monticello Ave. between Princess Anne Rd and 16th St. Water and Sanitary Sewer Improvements
- Northside Neighborhood Water and Sewer Improvements
- River Oaks Neighborhood Water and Sewer Improvements Design