Commissioner of the Revenue
SAVE TIME..RENEW YOUR BUSINESS LICENSE ONLINE
Visit the portal if you are ready to renew your Business License.
You must have a PIN to file and pay online. Click this link If you need/forgot your PIN. In the email please include your Business Name, Owner name, Last 4 of SSN or FEIN, and account number.
Need help using the portal? Click here for additional guidance.
Click here for some key points about Business License renewal.
2021 Monthly Fiduciary Coupons Are Available
To request personalized copies of your 2021 Monthly Fiduciary coupons used for filing Food & Beverage, Admission, Room and Transient Occupancy Tax. Please provide us with your account number, business name, location address and click here to make the request. Let us know if you would like paper copies mailed to you or a PDF version emailed. Blank copies for each type can also be found on our website here: https://www.norfolk.gov/794/Fiduciary-Taxes.
Our office is closed to the public and we are working remotely.
Personal Property and Business Tax Offices Are Open
BY Appointment ONLY
DMV Select is CLOSED at this time.
Please contact us to request an appointment:
For BUSINESS TAX APPOINTMENTS, contact 757-664-7886 or email us at CORBT@norfolk.gov
For PERSONAL PROPERTY APPOINTMENTS, contact 757-664-7884 or email us at CORPP@norfolk.gov
Providing Superior Service and Quality to the Citizens of Norfolk
We are the Chief Assessor for the City of Norfolk. We provide the following services to aid in the continued economic growth of our city:
- Assessment of individual and business personal property
- Issuance and renewal of business licenses
- Administration of all fiduciary taxes
- Provider of DMV Select services- Temporarily Closed. Hours of operation will be 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Evaluation of customer tax compliance
- Assistance and processing of Virginia State Income Taxes
- Investigation of inquiries and delinquent accounts
- Report the Move, Sale, or Disposal of a Vehicle Online.
- If you have moved out of state you may be required to provide us with a copy of the new registration or title.
- Are you an Active Duty Military Member and a Non-Virginia Resident? Please view the requirements for exemption.
- Simplifying Business - How to Start a Business in the City of Norfolk (PDF).
- Effective January 1, 2016, an opportunity for a BPOL tax exemption (PDF) may exist for new businesses that locate in Norfolk.