Call Us First! 757-823-1000
Available 24/7 to maintain and repair the system that delivers tap water and takes wastewater away from Norfolk homes, businesses and facilities.
You May Need a Sewer Repair if You Detect:
- Inability to flush toilets
- Gray water coming from the clean-out box
- Gray water in the street with an odor
- Pavement cave in with gray water
- Strong odor coming from a wastewater pump station
Please call the Department of Utilities before calling a plumber, as your wastewater problem may be in the city infrastructure, not your private plumbing. A Wastewater employee can determine if you need plumbing services. Wastewater crews can not work on your home or business' private plumbing system.
Keep Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) out of your drains to prevent wastewater backups in your homes pipes.
For more information contact the Department of Utilities at 757-823-1000.