Swimming Pools & Splash Pads
Facility Use I.D. Card (Pool Passes)
- Only registered Facility Use I.D. cardholders are allowed in the pool facilities.
- Please see staff on duty for Facility Use I.D. card information and purchases.
- Facility Use I.D. card contact information must be current to use pools or reserve a lane.
- No day passes are accepted.
When Arriving to Swim
- WALK IN PATRONS ARE WELCOME - Reservations are not required, walk in lanes available 10am -6pm (closed 1-3pm daily)
- WALK-IN patrons please check in and staff will advise which pool lanes are open for swimming.
- Please wait on pool deck for an open lane or share with other patrons (bleachers and benches).
- Locker rooms are open as well as deck showers
- As always, please communicate with other swimmers/walkers when you share a lane.
- Do help us accommodate all patrons, please limit your pool time to 45 minutes and share lanes with others.
During Your Swim Visit
- Please be sure to exit the building according to posted signs and staff directions.
- You may use the provided baskets to store clothing items or open lockers; Do not leave valuables unattended. We recommend padlocks for locker use.
- SHOWERS REQUIRED - On site showers are required before entering the pool. Please use designated deck, family or locker room showers.
Lane Reservations (if desired) for All Pools
- Three (3) lap lanes will be available each day for thirty minute (30min) reservations if desired.
- Reserved lanes are available for single use if desired.
- YOU MUST CALL IN ADVANCE OR SCHEDULE YOUR NEXT SESSION DURING YOUR VISIT.
- Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your reservation begins.
- Only one (1) lane may be reserved at a time by a Facility Use I.D. cardholders 12 years old or older.
- You may only have one (1) session scheduled at any time.
- A lane may be reserved up to seven (7) days in advance.
- Please call an open pool on weekdays between 10am-6pm to reserve a lane (phone numbers listed above).
- We recommend that you reserve minimum 24 hours in advance to schedule a swim session.
- You may reserve your next session during your visit while checking in or checking out.
- Individual lanes are assigned; specific lane preferences may not always be accommodated.
- 30-minute reservations begin at 10am and end at 5:30pm daily.
- Upon check-in, you may request additional lane time only if available. This is specific per visit.
The Parks & Recreation Aquatics Division operates three indoor pools year-round. Two outdoor pools are operated on a seasonal basis. Outdoor pools are currently closed. All facilities offer a wide range of aquatic programming.
- Lap swimming
- Water walking
- At this time, we do not offer pool, birthday parties or youth group rentals
Facility Use I.D. Cards
A Facility Use I.D. Card is required to access both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Please note money is not accepted at outdoor swimming pools, please visit an indoor swimming pool to purchase your Facility Use I.D. Card prior to your visit. Access to the Norfolk Fitness and Wellness Center requires a Facility Use I.D. Card.
There are splash pads for outdoor water play at several locations throughout Norfolk. The Norview and Shoop Park splash pads reopen during the summer months.
- Fountain Park at Town Point Park (free)
- Norview Community Center Splash Pad (free)
- Shoop Park Splash Pad (free)
- Virginia Zoo (admission fee required)
- W.O.W. at Norfolk Botanical Garden (admission fee required)
Interested in Becoming a Lifeguard?
The aquatics team is always recruiting qualified lifeguard candidates. To apply for current openings, visit the City's Human Resources site.
For further information about city pools and swimming programs, contact the Norfolk Department of Parks & Recreation's Aquatics Division at 757-441-1605.