Swimming Pools & Splash Pads
Huntersville Community Center
830 Goff Street
Wednesday & Friday
10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
*CLOSED 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. daily for cleaning
Southside Aquatics Center (SSAC)
1750 Campostella Road
Tuesday & Saturdays 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
*CLOSED 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. daily for cleaning
8401 Tidewater Drive
Monday & Thursday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. *CLOSED 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. daily for cleaning
THE FOLLOWING UPDATES ARE EFFECTIVE, NOVEMBER 1:
Norfolk Rec Passes (Pool Passes)
• Only registered Norfolk Recreation Pass holders are allowed in the pool facilities.
• Please see staff on duty for Norfolk Recreation Pass information and purchases.
• Recreation Membership and contact information must be current to use pools or reserve a lane.
When Arriving to Swim – WALK IN PATRONS ARE WELCOME
• COVID-19 screening, and check-in required at each visit – DO NOT SWIM if you are feeling sick.
• WALK-IN patrons please check in and staff will advise which pool lanes are open for swimming.
• Please wait on pool deck for an open lane or share with other patrons (bleachers and benches).
• As always, please communicate with other swimmers/walkers when you share a lane.
• Masks are required upon entry to the building and on pool deck.
• Do help us accommodate all patrons, please limit your pool time to 45 minutes and share lanes with others.
During Your Swim Visit
• Please maintain 6-10 feet of physical distancing during your visit and while swimming/water walking.
• Masks are required to be worn before and after swimming/water walking.
• Please be sure to exit the building according to posted signs and staff directions.
• You may use the provided baskets to store clothing items or open lockers; Do not leave valuables unattended. We recommend padlocks for locker use.
• SHOWERS REQUIRED - On site showers are required before entering the pool. Please use designated deck, family or locker room showers.
• Please remember to maintain 6-10 feet of physical distance between other patrons and staff while inside the facility/pool.
• Please be sure to exit the building according to posted signs and staff directions within 10 minutes after your swim to help maintain building capacity limits and spacing.
Lane Reservations (if desired) for All Pools
• Three (3) lap lanes will be available each day for thirty minute (30min) reservations if desired.
• Reserved lanes are available for single use if desired.
• YOU MUST CALL IN ADVANCE OR SCHEDULE YOUR NEXT SESSION DURING YOUR VISIT.
• Please do not arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your reservation begins.
• Only one (1) lane may be reserved at a time by Norfolk Rec Pass holders 12 YO or older.
• You may only have one (1) session scheduled at any time.
• A lane may be reserved up to seven (7) days in advance.
• Please call an open pool on weekdays between 10am-6pm to reserve a lane (phone numbers listed above).
• We recommend that you reserve minimum 24 hours in advance to schedule a swim session.
• You may reserve your next session during your visit while checking in or checking out.
• Individual lanes are assigned; specific lane preferences may not always be accommodated.
• 30-minute reservations begin at 10am and end at 5:30pm daily.
• Upon check-in, you may request additional lane time only if available. This is specific per visit.
The Parks & Recreation Aquatics Division operates four indoor pools year-round. Three outdoor pools are operated on a seasonal basis. Outdoor pools are currently closed. All facilities offer a wide range of aquatic programming including (see note above concerning operational changes due to COVID-19):
- Lap swimming
- Lifeguard training
- Open recreational swimming
- Private swim lessons
- Swimming lessons
- Water fitness
- Youth birthday party rentals
- Youth group rentals
Facility Use I.D. Cards
A Facility Use I.D. Card and/or daily admission fee are required to access both indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Please note money is not accepted at outdoor swimming pools, please visit an indoor swimming pools to purchase your Facility Use I.D. Card prior to your visit. Access to the Norfolk Fitness and Wellness Center requires a Facility Use I.D. Card.
There are splash pads for outdoor water play at several locations throughout Norfolk. The Shoop Park splash is open. All other splash pads are closed.
- Fountain Park at Town Point Park (free)
- Norview Community Center Splash Pad (free)
- Shoop Park Splash Pad (free)
- Virginia Zoo (admission fee required)
- W.O.W. at Norfolk Botanical Garden (admission fee required)
Summer Splash is a swimming and water safety program that provides Norfolk youth, ages 5 to 18, the opportunity to learn water safety and basic swimming skills while participating in fun water activities. Summer Splash program runs seasonally from June through August. It is free to anyone with a Norfolk Athletic ID card.
Interested in Becoming a Lifeguard?
The aquatics team is always recruiting qualified lifeguard candidates. To apply for current openings, visit the City's Human Resources site.
For further information about city pools and swimming programs, contact the Norfolk Department of Parks & Recreation's Aquatics Division at 757-441-1605.