Norfolk Community Services Board
IF YOU ARE IN A BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CRISIS, CALL (757) 664-7690.
PERSONS IN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CRISIS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO CALL THIS LINE PRIOR TO PRESENTING AT AN EMERGENCY ROOM IF THIS IS A SAFE OPTION TO PREVENT EXPOSURE. MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS COUNSELORS MAY BE ABLE TO PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE ER TO ADDRESS YOUR CRISIS.
2023 Performance Contract
The Norfolk Community Services Board's 2023 Performance Contract is currently on display at the Front Desk Reception area in our building located at 7447 Central Business Park Drive. The public is welcome to make comments regarding the contract through July 5th, 2022. You may come to the building and write your comments in the provided comment sheet(s) or you may view the document below and email your comment(s) to: email@example.com. Click on the link below to view the contract:
Consumer Satisfaction Survey
Services / Locations
7447 Central Business Park Dr., 757-756-5600:
5505 Robin Hood Rd. Suite C-1:
7460 Tidewater Dr., 757-664-6670:
861 Monticello Ave., 757-995-2278
SAFE HOTEL PROJECT
Everyone deserves a safe place, and we've been working throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure that those most in need receive just that.
Through the Safe Hotel Project, 193 members of Norfolk's homeless community have received food, shelter and medical care courtesy of Sentara Medical Group since March.
We're not currently accepting volunteers for this program, but there are still ways you can help! Please contact Carolsue McGehee if you would like to make donations or provide food: firstname.lastname@example.org / (757) 284-4872
- For those who Self-Identify as someone currently living with or in recovery from mental health and/or substance use challenges, please see this flyer: MINDFULNESS
- For information on Virtual Peer Groups, please see this flyer: VIRTUAL PEER GROUP. Use this link to join any of our virtual meetings: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88202889604.
- For information on an In-Person Socially Distanced Group, please see this flyer: WALK THE TALK
OPERATIONS DURING COVID:
Essential services, provided by Norfolk Community Services Board, have continued through COVID. Each service has made adjustments for your safety. If you are experiencing symptoms, please call to see if your services can be provided by phone. For questions regarding access to care or to reach a care coordinator, call our main number: (757)756-5600.
The I-Care Clinic, Child & Adolescent Clinic, Opioid Treatment Medication Clinic, and Intake will provide in-clinic services, assessments by phone, and video sessions. Entry is permitted for clients only and a guardian/care provider.
If you seek adult intake, we are open for Same Day Access Monday through Thursday 8:30am - 12:00 noon, but if you are able to wait and schedule or you need Intake outside of those hours, please call first. Intake will allow entry to its building only to the client and their guardian/care partner. To prevent unnecessary exposure, we encourage new clients to contact us by phone first for support and counseling and to assess each person’s need to come in for services.
Most of our services are able to come out into the community as they were before COVID or are beginning to do so. Clients who are home-bound or in isolation will receive critical services remotely or through a home visit to the door. Current clients have access to teletherapy by request. Screening is conducted for staff and visitors prior to entry to CSB facilities.
If you are in a behavioral health crisis, call (757)664-7690. Persons in behavioral health crisis are strongly encouraged to call this line instead of presenting at an emergency room if this is a safe option to prevent exposure. Mental health crisis counselors may be able to provide an alternative to the ER to address your crisis.
Stay connected virtually for your recovery! During this period of social distancing, don’t stay isolated! Reach out virtually for support.
- AA Online Meetings: https://www.tidewaterintergroup.org/
- NA Online Meetings: https://tidewaterareana.org/meetings/wwvm/
- Tidewater 24/7 AA Hotline: (757)490-3980
- Tidewater Area NA Helpline: (866)972-5055
- "In the Rooms" also provides a network of access to online support and recovery tools for addiction and mental health recovery: https://www.intherooms.com/
- SAARA of Virginia is offering online recovery meetings Monday-Friday: https://www.saara.org/
- Mental Health America provides a host of information and online forums for support: https://www.mhanational.org/newsroom/chiming-in
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness provides a national support line and resources online: https://www.nami.org/
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has published a collection of online resources: https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/virtual-recovery-resources.pdf
- The Department of Medical Assistance Services has provided resources for Medicaid members: https://www.dmas.virginia.gov/covid-19-response/