Norfolk Community Services Board
IF YOU ARE IN A BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CRISIS, CALL (757) 664-7690.
PERSONS IN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CRISIS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO CALL THIS LINE PRIOR TO PRESENTING AT AN EMERGENCY ROOM IF THIS IS A SAFE OPTION TO PREVENT EXPOSURE. MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS COUNSELORS MAY BE ABLE TO PROVIDE AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE ER TO ADDRESS YOUR CRISIS.
Consumer Satisfaction Survey
Services / Locations
7447 Central Business Park Dr., 757-756-5600:
5505 Robin Hood Rd. Suite C-1:
7460 Tidewater Dr., 757-664-6670:
861 Monticello Ave., 757-995-2278
SAFE HOTEL PROJECT
Everyone deserves a safe place, and we've been working throughout the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure that those most in need receive just that.
Through the Safe Hotel Project, 193 members of Norfolk's homeless community have received food, shelter and medical care courtesy of Sentara Medical Group since March.
We're not currently accepting volunteers for this program, but there are still ways you can help! Please contact Meg Honan if you would like to make donations or provide food: firstname.lastname@example.org / (757)274-9377.
- For those who Self-Identify as someone currently living with or in recovery from mental health and/or substance use challenges, please see this flyer: MINDFULNESS
- For information on Virtual Peer Groups, please see this flyer: VIRTUAL PEER GROUP. Use this link to join any of our virtual meetings: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88202889604.
- For information on an In-Person Socially Distanced Group, please see this flyer: WALK THE TALK
OPERATIONAL PERIOD BEGINNING 3/30/2020:
Out of an abundance of caution during the COVID-19 pandemic, all City of Norfolk buildings are closed to the public. However, essential services, provided by Norfolk Community Services Board, will continue. Please call (757)756-5600 for questions regarding access to care or to reach a care coordinator.
If you are in a behavioral health crisis, call (757)664-7690. Persons in behavioral health crisis are strongly encouraged to call this line prior to presenting at an emergency room if this is a safe option to prevent exposure. Mental health crisis counselors may be able to provide an alternative to the ER to address your crisis.
If you would like support by phone by a Peer Counselor, call the Warm Line at (757)664-6683.
The I-Care Clinic, Child & Adolescent Clinic, Opioid Treatment Medication Clinic, and Intake will provide in-clinic services, assessments by phone, and video sessions. Entry is permitted for clients only and a guardian.
If you seek intake, please call first. Intake will allow entry to its building only to the client. Staff will contact clients to provide support and counseling by phone and to assess each person’s need to come in for services.
Clients who are home-bound or in isolation will receive critical services remotely or through a home visit to the door. Current clients have access to teletherapy by request. Screening is conducted for staff and visitors prior to entry to CSB facilities.
Stay connected virtually for your recovery! During this period of social distancing, don’t stay isolated! Reach out virtually for support.
- AA Online Meetings: https://www.tidewaterintergroup.org/
- NA Online Meetings: https://tidewaterareana.org/meetings/wwvm/
- Tidewater 24/7 AA Hotline: (757)490-3980
- Tidewater Area NA Helpline: (866)972-5055
- "In the Rooms" also provides a network of access to online support and recovery tools for addiction and mental health recovery: https://www.intherooms.com/
- SAARA of Virginia is offering online recovery meetings Monday-Friday: https://www.saara.org/
- Mental Health America provides a host of information and online forums for support: https://www.mhanational.org/newsroom/chiming-in
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness provides a national support line and resources online: https://www.nami.org/
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration has published a collection of online resources: https://www.samhsa.gov/sites/default/files/virtual-recovery-resources.pdf
- The Department of Medical Assistance Services has published a guide for Medicaid members: https://coverva.org/materials/One_Pager_3_24_FINAL.pdf