News Flash Home
The original item was published from 6/27/2016 3:43:00 PM to 7/5/2016 12:05:10 AM.

News Flash


Posted on: June 27, 2016

[ARCHIVED] Update: Woman identified in Friday night’s shooting


NORFOLK, Va. – Norfolk police have identified the woman shot and killed in Friday night’s shooting as 28-year-old Teresa Hunter of Portsmouth.

Detectives are still investigating her death and ask for anyone with information to contact the Norfolk Crime Line.

Previous: 06/24/2016

Woman left dead, another hospitalized following midnight shooting

NORFOLK, Va. – Police are investigating a shooting incident that left one woman dead and another hospitalized shortly before midnight on June 24th.

At approximately 11:45 p.m., Norfolk dispatchers received a call for gunshots heard in the 800 block of A Avenue. As police responded to the scene, the call was quickly updated to a possible gunshot victim. Upon arrival, officers located a woman lying on the sidewalk suffering from an apparent gunshot wound.

Medics pronounced the woman dead on scene.

As police began the preliminary investigation, DePaul Medical Center alerted authorities about a gunshot victim that walked into the facility for treatment. Detectives responded to the hospital and confirmed the walk-in victim was near the 800 block of A Avenue when she was shot. The woman suffered what appears to be a non-life threatening injury.

At this time, detectives have not released any suspect description and are asking anyone who may have information about the homicide and shooting to contact the Norfolk Crime Line at:

CALL: 1-888-LOCK-U-UP (1-888-562-5887)
TEXT: text "NORFOLK" and your tip information to 274637 (CRIMES)
WEB: submit a web tip to

The homicide victim's name and identifying information will not be released until her family or next of kin has been properly notified. Although she suffered from an apparent gunshot wound, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner will determine the exact cause of death.

At this time, no other information is available for release. Police simply ask the public to "say something if you see something."

Facebook Twitter Email