Government - Internal City StructureBusiness - Tools For GrowthServices - Provided by the CityCommunity - Resident EngagementEnjoy Norfolk - Leisure & VisitorsHow Do I - Information Center
Elizabeth River with a Tugboat, Sailboat and the USS Wisconsin

Go To Search
Norfolk Cares
       Request Service

News, Home page

Posted on: January 11, 2019

The City of Norfolk Offers Assistance to Furloughed Federal Employees

The City of Norfolk is offering assistance to furloughed federal employees upon request.  To qualify for assistance, you must be a Norfolk resident and show proof of employment at one of the following nine federal departments:
  • Department of Homeland Security
  • Department of Justice
  • State Department
  • Department of the Interior
  • Department of Agriculture
  • Department of Housing and Urban Development
  • Department of Commerce
  • Department of Transportation
  • Department of the Treasury
Payment plan options are available for the following bills:

HRUBS bill:  Contact the City of Norfolk Utilities Department Customer Service at (757) 664-6700

Personal Property & Real Estate taxes:  Contact the Norfolk City Treasurer’s Office at (757) 664-7800

For monthly parkers, the city will defer collecting payment. Parking access will remain active.  

For parking tickets issued in the last 30 days, the City’s parking department will waive late fees accumulated during the shutdown.  Staff cannot waive the original amount owed.

For questions or to request a waiver for parking tickets contact the Norfolk Cares Center at (757) 664-6510 or the City of Norfolk Parking Division at (757) 664-6222.            
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

Other News in News, Home page

Public Input needed on HUD allocations

Posted on: January 16, 2019

Badger the Pig Needs a Home!

Posted on: January 8, 2019

Norfolk Announces a Theatre Celebration!

Posted on: December 21, 2018

City & TFC Extend Recycling Contract

Posted on: October 12, 2018