NORFOLK, Va. –The MacArthur Memorial will reopen to the public on Wednesday, July 1, 2020 with restrictions in place to ensure the health and safety of staff and visitors. Guests may visit Wednesday-Saturday, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, and Sundays 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM. The Memorial will be temporarily closed to the public on Mondays and Tuesdays.
The MacArthur Memorial has implemented several important changes to operations in accordance with current health department guidelines. Visitors can also expect:
- The Memorial building and the Visitors Center will be limited to 25% capacity
- Visitors will follow a labeled one-way path through the galleries
- Interactive exhibits are temporarily closed
- The theater and the Jean MacArthur Research Center will remain closed to the public
- Guided tours and ceremonies will not be offered during this time
- MacArthur Memorial staff members will wear face masks
- Visitors ages 10 and up will be asked to wear a face mask indoors
- Hourly cleaning and sanitizing protocols for all public spaces
- Hand sanitizing stations available throughout the buildings
As health and safety permits, the MacArthur Memorial will gradually adjust operations to restore additional services and experiences. For additional details and the latest policy updates, please visit www.macarthurmemorial.org.