NORFOLK, VA – In this time of change, we all need love and support we can count on – like the unconditional, shining-eyed adoration of the best friend you adopted from the Norfolk Animal Care and Adoption Center.
If you’re willing to share the amazing ways in which your shelter pet made your life better, take a moment and drop a line to the Petco Foundation. If your story is selected, you could help NACC win a grant worth $100,000.
This incredible grand prize is part of the annual Holiday Wishes grant award contest from the Petco Foundation. In partnership with BOBS from Skechers, the Petco Foundation is granting more than $750,000 this holiday season to animal welfare organizations across the country. Awards will range from $5,000 to $100,000, and adopters with winning submissions will receive up to a $1,000 Petco shopping spree and a prize pack with BOBS from Skechers shoes.
“We know from our dog and cat foster families, our many happy adopters, and our own experience that shelter pets bring fur and joy to our homes,” said Bureau Manager Michelle Dosson. “Sharing stories of how profoundly our pets change our lives for the better is a chance to spread sunshine as well as to compete for the grand prize.”
Through September 23, adopters can submit their story at petcofoundation.org/holidaywishes. Stories should highlight how pets have changed their adopter’s life for the better, in big and small ways, and should celebrate the love of their adopted pet. Submissions must include four photos to illustrate the story and can include video as well. Be sure to include NACC’s information below in your nomination. You must be 18 to enter.
Since 2013, over $5 million in Holiday Wishes grants have been awarded to help make the holidays brighter for animal welfare organizations during the holiday season and year-round.
More than 2,050 animals found forever homes through adoption at NACC last year. That’s a lot of love stories to tell!
How to participate:
- Write your story! Quality storytelling and photos help your submission stand out. Need help? Talk to us! See winning entries from last year. Click here to get started on your entry!
- All entries should include four photos: one of your pet alone, one with you or your family, and two photos that support your story. Your entry may also include video.
- Pets must have been adopted from NACC and must be living to qualify.
- You’ll need this information to nominate us:
- Organization Name: Norfolk Animal Care Center (in the dropdown)
- Email contact for the organization: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization phone number: 757-441-5505
- Organization Tax ID number: 54-6001455
Act fast! Entries accepted through Sept. 23, but PetCo only guarantees that the first 10,000 entries will be fully reviewed and considered. Also, ask all your friends who adopted from NACC to enter: the organization with the most entries can win a special $25,000 prize.
And stay tuned! Grants will be announced during the holiday season!