Norfolk, VA – Norfolk Festevents, Ltd, has announced the return of small, safe, and socially-distant concerts and events to Town Point Park along the Downtown Norfolk Waterfront, beginning next week and continuing through the fall on a weekly basis.
The Thank Goodness We’re Open (TGWO) series, produced in partnership with the City of Norfolk, will feature small, safe concerts and events starting next week capped at 250 guests and will include designated social circles for up to four people. All guests are required to pre-register for the events at Festevents.org and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, $10 per person.
All guests will be required to wear a mask except when eating or drinking.
“We are thrilled to be able to restart our events, even at 250 people at a time,” said Norfolk Festevents CEO Karen Scherberger. “We have worked very closely with the City of Norfolk and the Department of Health to develop an extensive plan to provide this “safe space” for our residents and visitors to enjoy while feeling comfortable and safe.” The TGWO series, with a 250-guest limit, begins Thursday, September 17, and Friday, September 18, from 5pm to 8pm. BJ Griffin (R&B/Pop) will perform on Thursday evening, followed by Tumbao Salsero (Latin/Salsa) on Friday. The following weeks performances include Rocky 7 (Top 40/Pop) on Thursday, September 24, and Strange Rootz (Reggae) on Friday, September 25. Food and beverages will also be available for purchase.
Admission is $10 per person. To register, go to bit.ly/TixTGWO.
Guidelines To Know Before Attending:
• Wear a mask or face covering! Only guests with a face covering will be permitted into the event. Masks or face coverings are required at all times except while eating or drinking.
• Stay in your circle! Guests are required to remain in their designated social circle except when purchasing food and beverages or when using the restroom. In order to keep all guests at a safe distance, each social circle is limited to up to four people. Gathering at the bar, food truck, or stage will not be permitted. Food and beverages are to be enjoyed your social circles.
• Don’t wait to register! The concerts are capped at 250 guests and attendance is on a firstcome, first-served basis. All guests must pre-register for the events and reserve their designated social circle online at bit.ly/TixTGWO.
• Have a fever or COVID-19 symptoms? Guests with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, will not be permitted into the event.
• Feel free to bring a chair and refreshments! Guests are permitted to bring in a chair or blanket to relax in your social circle. Guests are also permitted to bring in a personal cooler with food and non-alcoholic beverages.
• No pets allowed, in accordance with state guidelines.
The concerts and events are subject to change based on local and state COVID-19 guidelines.
For additional information on Norfolk Festevents and the TGWO series, go to Festevents.org.
Norfolk Festevents, Ltd., based in Norfolk, Virginia, is a private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to creating the most dynamic urban waterfront community in America through innovative programming and imaginative uses of its historic waterfront spaces. Norfolk Festevents has garnered international acclaim for its advocacy for public access to waterfronts, outstanding quality programming and development of public spaces, transforming Norfolk into one of the most progressive, fun and livable waterfront communities in the country. Residents, workers, and visitors to Norfolk and The 757 are invited to experience all the fun and excitement of the 2020 season!