NORFOLK, VA – The Norfolk Department of Public Health, in partnership with Shiloh Baptist Church and Grace Episcopal Church, will offer a free walk-up coronavirus testing event on Thursday, November 5, 2020, from 10am to 1pm at 745 Park Avenue in Norfolk. Testing is available for any individual ages 3 and up, while supplies last. Participants in this free walk-up testing event must wear a face covering. Appointments are recommended. To register for an appointment, visit: http://www.norfolk.gov/covid19testing or call 757-683-2777.
To lower the risk of respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, the Virginia Department of Health continues to encourage the following effective behaviors:
- Avoid being exposed to the virus.
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people.
- Everyone should wear a mask in public settings.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer only if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough, sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- Limit travel as much as possible.
This is a rapidly changing situation, and information is being shared as it becomes available on the following websites: www.cdc.gov/covid19 or www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/.