NORFOLK, VA – The City of Norfolk’s government offices, libraries and recreation centers will close Thursday - Friday, December 24 – 25, in observance of the Christmas holiday and Friday, January 1, for New Year’s Day. The closures include the offices of the Commissioner of the Revenue, City Treasurer and Norfolk Courthouse. The MacArthur Memorial will close Wednesday - Saturday, December 23 – 26.
Revised Christmas trash and recycling collection schedule:
- Trash and recycling pickup for Friday, December 25 is rescheduled to Saturday, December 26.
- Schedule bulk waste collection for Thursday, December 24 by 3:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 23.
- Schedule bulk waste collection for December 25 by 3:00 p.m. Wednesday December 23. Crews will pick up on Saturday, December 26.
Revised New Year’s Day trash and recycling collection schedule:
- Trash and recycling pickup for Friday, January 1 rescheduled to Saturday, January 2.
- Schedule bulk waste collection for January 1 by 3:00 p.m. Thursday, December 31. Crews will pick up on Saturday, January 2.
Ready to toss your tree? Place natural trees, with decorations removed, to the curb on your trash collection day. Residents can also drop off their natural trees to Waste Management, 1176 Pineridge Road, Monday – Friday, December 28 – January 29 from 10:00 a.m. – 2: 00 p.m.
Artificial trees must be scheduled for a bulk waste pickup or placed in the trash can. Please ensure the trash lid is closed.
Norfolk residents can drop-off unwanted E-waste on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 8 a.m. – noon at the Division of Towing and Recovery located at 1188-A Lance Road.