NORFOLK, VA – Norfolk Public Library (NPL) is pleased to announce the opening of the Southside’s newest gem, the Richard A. Tucker Memorial Library. The 17,000 square foot library, which includes a 5,000 square foot Nature Explorium, opened on Friday, September 17. A ribbon cutting ceremony took place on September 29, 2021. It is the first-ever NPL branch in the Campostella area, and has the following features:
- A book collection of more than 30,000 popular and classic fiction and nonfiction titles
- Computer Lab with 23 computers
- Meeting Room
- Collaboration Room
- Two Study Rooms
- African American Collection
- Reading Patio
- Children’s Library with a Playscape and KidZone
- A Nature Explorium, an outdoor classroom with active learning stations that offer a way to connect learning, literacy, and an appreciation of nature as a regular part of a library visit for children and families
The branch is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. View additional photos.
For more information, visit norfolkpubliclibrary.org.
About Norfolk Public Library: The Norfolk Public Library offers access to information, books, programs, and online resources to meet the needs of our diverse community for life-long learning. The library system consists of two anchor branch libraries, eight neighborhood branches, and mobile delivery service with an outreach vehicle. All programs are FREE of charge. Visit www.norfolkpubliclibrary.org or call us at 757-664-READ for more information. NPL- Creating a City of Readers.