Government - Internal City StructureBusiness - Tools For GrowthServices - Provided by the CityCommunity - Resident EngagementEnjoy Norfolk - Leisure & VisitorsHow Do I - Information Center
Elizabeth River with a Tugboat, Sailboat and the USS Wisconsin

Go To Search
Norfolk Cares
       Request Service
How do I reserve City property for an event?
Private Events
Private events or invitation only events that are intended for a select group of people and not the general public, such as family reunions, birthday parties, weddings, corporate functions or church functions may reserve picnic shelters or open space areas in a park through Recreation, Parks and Open Space. To reserve a picnic shelter or park space contact Lakewood Athletics at 757-441-5835. For weddings, contact the Aquatics Division at 757-441-2400 ext. 229.

Open to the Public and Ticketed Events
Events that are open to the public (free or for admission) and take place on City property, such as on a street, festival park, community park, or school ground should contact the Office of Special Events to coordinate event support services and obtain a permit for use of the property.

Events Planning

Show All Answers

1. What is considered a "special event" in the City of Norfolk?
2. How do I reserve City property for an event?
3. When do I need a special event permit?
4. What other types of event permits are offered by the City of Norfolk?
5. How do I rent a picnic shelter for my event?
6. Do I need a permit to host an event on my own property or private property?
7. What is an Expressive Activity?
8. Is there event equipment available through the City of Norfolk?
9. How do I close down a street, lane, or sidewalk for my event?
10. How much does it cost to close a street, lane, or sidewalk?
11. How can I sell beer, wine, or spirits at my event?
12. How do I participate as a vendor at an event in Norfolk?