Join Keep Norfolk Beautiful and Recreation Parks and Open Spaces for a kayak litter pick-up from 1 pm -3 pm. Ten kayaks will be provided (reservation required). Safety vests and appropriate weather gear is required. This event is limited to age 18 years and older. The water safety form will be signed on-site. Starting Point: East Ocean View Recreation Center.
- (Limited to 10 volunteers. Additional requests will be waitlisted).
This is a curbside, yard, or block challenge for you and your neighbors! Make a difference today where you live, work, or play? Set your own time and help keep Norfolk litter free!
This is a curbside, yard, or block challenge for you and your neighbors! Make a difference today where you live, work, or play. Set your own time and help keep Norfolk Litter Free!
In honor of Bike Month, bring your bicycle, or walk, and join us for a litter cleanup along the Elizabeth River Trail, 9:00 am - 11:00 am! There will be 4 locations available to cleanup and you can pick how many you do. Sites are: Harbor Park, Plum Point Park, The Hague and Chelsea/West Ghent.
This year, Clean the Bay Day is a week-long! Schedule your own cleanup anytime between June 1-5th or join Keep Norfolk Beautiful on June 5th for an Ocean View Cleanup. Ocean View cleanup is 9 am - 11 am at Community Beach Park.
Set your date, time, and location for a cleanup. Cleanup supplies are available for pickup. Keep Norfolk Beautiful can assist you with all your cleanup needs.
Training is conducted virtually by a staff member of Keep Norfolk Beautiful. During training, we will review safety procedures and reporting requirements for your cleanup. The training will last approximately 30 minutes.
Supply pickups are by appointment only and should be scheduled no more than 2 weeks prior to the cleanup. Keep Norfolk Beautiful will email to confirm your pickup day and time.
Supply drop-offs are by appointment only and should be scheduled no more than 2 weeks after the cleanup. Keep Norfolk Beautiful will email to confirm your drop-off day and time.
As a volunteer for Keep Norfolk Beautiful: - I will wear a face mask.
- I understand that I must be at least 18 years old to participate.
- I will not bring anyone with me who has not registered to volunteer and received an email confirming their registration.
- I will practice social distancing of at least 6 feet with anyone outside of my household.
- I will wear a face mask, gloves, and safety vest throughout the event.
- I will not participate if I have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- I will not participate if I or anyone in my household tests positive for COVID-19, or if I have cold or flu-like symptoms within 14 days prior to the event.
- I will notify KNB immediately if I test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the event.
I understand Keep Norfolk Beautiful has the right to ban my participation if I cannot adhere to the required COVID-19 safety guidelines or pose a risk of exposing others to COVID-19.
By signing above you agree to the Conditions for Volunteering, have reviewed and will follow the procedures attached above, and attest that you are at least 18 years of age or older.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field