Please fill out this form completely. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Indicate N/A if a question or section does not apply to your event. Information in this form will be used to determine fees and eligibility for the permit requested.
Applicant must be the contact person or event organizer for the event submitted.
If yes, please attach a copy of the 501 (c) (3) certificate to this application.
Please list specific parks, streets and sidewalks. Check all that apply. Each category of property is subject to different rules. It is the applicant's responsibility to check the regulations governing the use of specific property.
Include participants and spectators in this total for all event days.
Please check all that apply. Include entry fee for runs, walks and bike race events.
Please describe plan to notify impacted Civic Leagues of the event. Notification to impacted Civic Leagues is required for all events within 30 calendar days of application approval.
Check all that apply. Required for all businesses/residents surrounding the street/lane closure.
Briefly describe plans for on-site media coverage and media vehicle parking.
Please describe any special parking needs for VIPs, RVs, trucks, trailers, etc.
Please describe plan to dispose of grey water and grease from food vendors.
Please describe plan for clean-up and waste removal following the event.
A permit is required from the Department of Planning Office of Building Safety for tents larger than 900 square feet.
A certificate of insurance naming the City of Norfolk as additional insured is required from the provider of rides and amusements. A permit is required for mechanical rides from the Department of Planning Office of Building Safety.
Check all that apply.
Please describe your medical plan for the event. If necessary, please attach to the application.
Check all that apply
IMPORTANT: Please review the vendor information on Permit Guidelines Page 3 for ABC License information.
Please check all that apply.
Please check all that apply.
Please describe your security plan for the event. If necessary, please attach to the application.
Please complete this section if your event involves a street, lane or sidewalk closure.
1. A permit will not be issued unless application is accompanied by a map and approved traffic control plan for proposed closure.
2. The traffic control plan must show work zone, all traffic control devices, street, lane or sidewalk to be closed, closest cross street and north arrow. All plans must comply with the latest version of the Virginia Work Area Protection Manual and the Manual for Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
Please provide a written description of the proposed route, including street names, lane designation, number of lanes, direction, etc. A map of the route is required as an attachment to this application.
NPD will determine the required number of officers for the closure and traffic control. Applicant may be asked to provide volunteer support to serve as Course Marshals.
Step-off to Finish
Please indicate if the closure requires removing or restricting on-street parking or using metered parking spaces.
Please attach traffic control plan and map to the application.
If private provider will be used, please provide contact information.
Event Organizer is required to provide portable restrooms if sufficient public facilities are not available. It is recommended that a minimum of (1) portable restroom is provided per 150 people during peak event hours. 10% should be ADA accessible.
1. All pre-event determined fees shall be paid at least 10 business (2 weeks) prior to the event. Any costs determined after the event need to be settled immediately upon receipt of the invoice.
2. Proof of insurance will be provided 30 calendar days (1 month) prior to the event. The applicant(s) shall at their own cost and expense furnish a policy or policies for property damage or bodily injury in the amount specified by the City’s Risk Management Division. Also, the City of Norfolk MUST be named as additionally insured. It is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain the required certificate of insurance when it is required from a third party vendor.
3. Applicant will have developed a comprehensive security plan in conjunction with the Norfolk Police Department. An emergency medical services plan will be submitted to Fire-Rescue Management for review and approval.
4. Premises will be left in as good a condition as received with reasonable wear and tear expected. All trash will be disposed of properly. Applicant accepts responsibility for any damages which might occur during the period of use. City property shall not be removed from the premises.
5. Applicant will comply with all laws, rules and regulations of the federal, state, city governments governing operations and conduct on City property.
6. The noise level will not exceed the maximum permittable level of 110dB, in accordance with Chapter 26 Norfolk City Code.
7. Premises will be available to all citizens without discrimination.
8. All events are required to comply with all City, State and Federal Disability Requirements. The event must have reasonable modifications to the programs, services and activities of your event to insure accessibility to all individuals with disabilities.
9. This agreement may be terminated by SevenVenues at any time upon finding violation of any rule, ordinance or condition of the permit or upon good cause shown.
10. For applicant and any other persons, organizations, firms, and corporations sponsoring the event which is the subject of this application, jointly and severally, hereby contract and agree to pay all costs of services provided by the City of Norfolk, in support of said event.
11. The Permittee, its agents, employees, officers and assignees assume all responsibility and liability for any injury to persons or damage to public or private property caused, directly or indirectly, by the permitted event. Furthermore, the Permittee, its agents, employees, officers and assignees agree to save and hold harmless the City of Norfolk, its agents, employees and officers from any and all claims, demands, actions, judgements, executions, damages or proceeding for any and all personal actions, judgments, executions, damages or proceedings from any and all personal injury, and injuries to property, real or personal, public or private caused by or arising out of directly or indirectly, in connection with said event.
12. Any misrepresentation or deviation from the final permit conditions will result in immediate revocation of the permit, halting of the event, and probationary use of City property in the future.
13. Cancellation of a permit or permit application must be submitted in writing. Permit fees and application fees are non-refundable if the event is cancelled due to any circumstance, including inclement weather. Failure to use the dates approved on the permit are grounds for cancellation of your permit and may result in possible restrictions of future permits.
ALL FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS AND TAXES DUE TO THE CITY RELATED TO PRIOR EVENTS MUST BE PAID IN FULL IN ORDER FOR AN APPLICATION TO BE APPROVED FOR A SUBSEQUENT EVENT. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED FOR WHICH THE APPLICANT / ORGANIZATION HAS OUTSTANDING FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS OWED TO THE CITY WILL NOT BE PROCESSES UNTIL THE BALANCE IS PAID IN FULL.
By signing below the applicant certifies that the above information is accurate. The applicant also acknowledges receipt, review and understanding of the Event Permit Guidelines and Schedule of Fees.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field