Please fill out this form completely. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Indicate N/A if a question or section does not apply to your event. Information in this form will be used to determine fees and eligibility for the permit requested.
Applicant must be the contact person or event organizer for the event submitted.
If yes, please attach a copy of the 501 (c) (3) certificate to this application.
Please indicate the type of location, check all that apply and specify location name.
Include participants and spectators in this total for all event days.
Please check all that apply. Include entry fee for runs, walks and bike race events.
Applicant must provide a detailed and labeled EVENT MAP/LAYOUT with the applications to include all activities and equipment (i.e. tents, bleachers, stages, ride/amusements, restrooms, dumpster, etc.)
Please check all that apply.
• Tents larger than 900 square feet require a permit from the Department of Planning, Office of Building Safety.
• Inflatable/Mechanical Ride providers are responsible for submitting a certificate of insurance listing the City of Norfolk as additional insured. A permit is required for mechanical rides from the Department of Planning, Office of Building Safety.
• Power is not accessible at most locations.
• It is the responsibility of the event organizer to provide trash liners for existing trash receptacles and to remove event waste form the premises following the event or to place all waste in a rented dumpster.
• All vendors AND event organizers providing food/beverage to the public must meet all requirements of the Health Department. If the food/beverage or merchandise is being all requirements of the Commissioner of Revenue must be met.
• If your event location is permitted to have alcohol, you must meet the requirements set by the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and obtain the appropriate ABC license. An event insurance policy is required and must include liquor liability coverage.
• Security requirements are at the discretion of Norfolk Police and may be at the cost of the organizer. Off-duty rates apply.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field