Granby Street Bike Lanes - Willow Wood Drive to Admiral Taussig Boulevard
Please visit the Project Comment Map or contact us to provide your input on the project design concept by 9 a.m. on Friday, October 22, 2021. Check out the Project Fact Sheet (PDF) and the Project Q&A Sheet (PDF), updated August 18, 2021.
Want to learn more and provide input in person? Join us at an Open House on September 22, 2021! See the Public Outreach section below for more information.
Granby Street between Willow Wood Drive and
Admiral Taussig Boulevard (just south of the
The City of Norfolk Department of Transit is developing a
potential project to implement bike lanes on Granby Street between Willow Wood Drive and Admiral Taussig Boulevard
(just south of the I-564 overpass) by repurposing a vehicle lane in each direction into bike lanes. To learn more about this
project development effort, please check out:
- Granby Street Bike Lanes Story Map
- Project Comment Map
- Project Fact Sheet (PDF) (added September 13, 2021)
- Project Q&A Sheet (PDF) (updated August 18, 2021)
- Traffic Study Technical Memorandum (PDF)
- Crash Analysis Technical Memorandum (PDF)
The next steps in the Project Development Effort are as follows:
- Fall 2021 - Recommendation Memorandum: The Department of Transit is compiling a Recommendation Memorandum that will incorporate the public input received through this Project Development Effort. The Memorandum will be posted on this webpage and shared with City Council this fall.
- December 2021 - City Council Vote: The project will only proceed if City Council votes in favor of accepting the Smart Scale funding for the project this December.
The Department of Transit is hosting an in-person Open House for the Granby Street Bike Lane project on September 22, 5:30 - 6:30 p.m., at the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church (6400 Newport Avenue, Norfolk).
Grab some fresh goodness from the Talbot Park Farmers Market and stop by the Picnic Shelter to discuss the proposed Granby Street Bike Lanes with City of Norfolk representatives. This proposed project would repurpose one vehicle lane in each direction into bike lanes on Granby Street between Willow Wood Drive and Admiral Taussig Boulevard. Please RSVP at https://bit.ly/3yPdMKg or by calling 757-664-7300.
The first round of public outreach for this project development effort consisted of a virtual workshop held on March 11, 2021 and an online survey that was open between March 11 and April 13, 2021.
- Read the Round 1 Public Involvement Summary (PDF)
- Read the Project Q&A Sheet (PDF) compiled from Round 1 questions and comments.
The second virtual workshop was held on June 29, 2021 to gather public input on the traffic study results and design concepts developed based on the first round of public input. The second public comment period will remain open until 9 a.m. on Friday, October 22, 2021.
- Watch the June 29, 2021 Virtual Workshop recording
- Read the Crash Analysis Technical Memorandum (PDF)
- Read the Traffic Study Technical Memorandum (PDF)
Project updates are sent by email to all workshop registrants and upon request to individuals. Contact us to request email updates. Updates are also posted on this webpage and official City of Norfolk social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, NextDoor).