Government - Internal City StructureBusiness - Tools For GrowthServices - Provided by the CityCommunity - Resident EngagementEnjoy Norfolk - Leisure & VisitorsHow Do I - Information Center
Elizabeth River with a Tugboat, Sailboat and the USS Wisconsin

Go To Search
Service Requests
Bulk Item Pickup
Bulk waste must be called in to 757-664-6510, submitted via email, or entered online by 3 p.m. the day prior to collection.

Freedom of Information Act 
You may request records by U.S. Mail, fax, e-mail, in person, or over the phone. The Freedom of Information Act does not require that your request be in writing, nor do you need to specifically state that you are requesting records under the act.  

Forms are available in the Request Tracker. There are three forms, depending on what records you are seeking. You can either fill out the form and submit it online or to download the form and fax, mail or deliver. 

Library Catalog Search
Search the Norfolk Public Library catalog.

Request Tracker
The Citizen Request Tracker is a tool to use to request a service by filling out one of the Citizen Request Tracker online forms. You must sign in with a username and valid email address. Once a request is submitted a confirmation email will be sent. You can log in to submit a new service request, view pending issues, re-open a closed request, and more.

Special Event Permits
A special event permit is required to hold an event on City property. The City does not issue permits for private property, federal property, or NRHA property. The type of event, expected attendance and location will determine the type of application and permit required.