Norfolk Police increased their citizen engagement with an even greater focus on youth, with the development of two significant partnerships with non-profit community agencies, whose foundations are grounded in developing, educating, and mentoring youth 5 to 17 years of age. New partnerships were also formed to affect the City's four-legged population and speak directly with residents by way of local morning radio.
- "PLUS" - Police Leadership Unveils Success, is a partnership with the Life Enrichment Center of Norfolk, a faith-based community agency that serves an at-risk youth demographic.
- "CAKE"- Cops and Kids Eating, in partnership with the Southeastern Virginia Boys and Girls Club, allows youth and officers a monthly engagement opportunity to enjoy an afternoon meal together at the Norview Unit of the Boys and Girls Club.
- "Stand Up and Speak Out," a public service announcement campaign, was developed in the wake of a violent summer weekend in 2014, where youth were suspects and victims.
- "We are One, NPD and You," is a unique broadcast partnership with the Willis Broadcasting Group. Every 1st and 3rd Thursday, officers take live phone calls from listeners on WGPL-1350 a.m. about community policing, crime prevention, citizen engagement, and recruitment.
- "Building Relations before Graduation," During the summer of 2014, it was determined that Norfolk Police recruits would be required to develop and execute a community engagement activity for residents before they graduated.
- "Norfolk's Finest and Furriest," is a partnership developed with Norfolk Animal Care and Control, and seen exclusively on the Norfolk Police Facebook page where officers are shown with animals that are ready to be adopted.