Please see the latest from the NWS as well as our 5:30 pm EOC Briefing slides. Thanks to the NWS for providing a report during the Briefing!
Tomorrow’s high tides are forecasted for 4 am and 5 pm; both will be at the Minor flood level. This may result in some ponding on the roadways but is not expected to cause any problems. We continue to encourage motorists to use the WAZE app and avoid driving through any flood waters.
Winds begin a slow and steady decline tonight and through tomorrow and should not be an issue.
Based on the changes to the forecast, here are the latest update.
- Departments are asked to submit any damage reports to EOC-Plans@norfolk.gov by 8 am tomorrow (Tuesday).
- EOC will continue to monitor events throughout the night.
- Local Emergency Declaration to end tomorrow at 8 am.
- National Guard assets are to be released at 8 am.
- Normal Operations resume tomorrow.
Unless something significant occurs, this is the final update regarding this coastal storm.
Thanks to everyone for your partnership, communication, and support throughout!! If you were able to capture any lessons learned – things that went well or areas of improvement – please send them to EOC-Plans@norfolk.gov.
Director, Emergency Preparedness and Response