Construction Work to Take Place in the Intersection During the First and Third Weekends in May
The following will be in effect from 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday during the weekends of May 4-7 and May 18-21.
- Military Highway will be reduced to one lane between Elizabeth Avenue and Lake Herbert Drive. Northbound and southbound traffic on Military Highway will be able to travel through the intersection but will not be able to turn onto Princess Anne Road or Northampton Boulevard. Detours will be in place for those movements (see below). Expect delays.
- Eastbound and westbound traffic on E. Princess Anne Road and Northampton Blvd between Kempsville Road and and Alemeda Avenue/Kilmer Lane will be detoured before the intersection with Military Highway (see below). Expect delays.
- Police Officers will help direct traffic at several locations during peak travel times.
7 p.m. Friday, May 4 – 5 a.m. Monday, May 7
7 p.m. Friday, May 18 – 5 a.m. Monday, May 21
All construction work is dependent upon weather and unexpected delays.
Motorists are advised to plan their commute by using VDOT’s free traffic information tools:
- Follow @VaDOTHR on Twitter
- Download the 511 smartphone app
- Visit the 511Virginia website or dial 511 for traffic information on your phone
- Listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM
- Call the Traffic Line at 757-361-3016
Visit the project website: MilitaryCFI.com