The MPU will provide a guideline for future airport development for the next 20 years.
Please join us to learn more about the Master Plan Update (MPU) for Norfolk International Airport. At the information session, you will have an opportunity to learn more about the goals and objectives of the study, review the study process, hear information about the latest changes within the aviation industry and provide your feedback about the future of the Airport.
The Norfolk Airport Authority has undertaken the MPU to account for numerous changes that have taken place at the Airport, in the aviation industry, and in the Hampton Roads region since completion of the Airport's 2008 MPU. The Master Plan will be used to support growth and guide development to meet existing and future needs of Airport users.
Mark Your Calendar to Attend.
You will have an opportunity to learn more about the goals and objectives of the study, review the study process, hear information about the latest changes within the aviation industry and provide feedback about the future of the Airport. Staff from the Norfolk Airport Authority and the planning consultant team will be present and available to answer any questions about the MPU.
Wednesday, May 30, 2018
6 p.m. - 8 p.m. (presentation at 6:15 p.m.)
Holiday Inn -Norfolk Airport, 1570 N. Military Highway
Locations are accessible to persons with disabilities. If you require special assistance, such as sign language, please call 757-460-4183 or TTY 711 by Friday, May 25.
Can't Make the Meeting?
For your convenience, the presentation shown at the meeting will be posted online after May 30, 2018.
Please Send Comments by June 15, 2018.
Written and verbal comments will be accepted during the public information session. You also may review information online and send your input in one of the following ways:
- Online: www.ORFMasterPlan.com/content/contact/
- Email: ORFmpu@ORFMasterPlan.com
Anthony E. Rondeau, Deputy Executive Director
Norfolk International Airport
2200 Norview Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23518
More about the Master Plan Update.
As part of this update, the Norfolk Airport Authority and its consultants will be conducting the following work:
- Forecasting future aviation activity
- Analyzing the economic impact of the airport on our region
- Surveying airport tenants, general aviation and other businesses in Hampton Roads
- Further evaluate the proposed second runway to run parallel to the existing runway
- Evaluating the existing conditions of Airport facilities and infrastructure
- Assessing future facility needs
- Determining how best to meet these needs through facility improvements
- Evaluating the potential environmental and financial issues associated with recommended facility improvements
- Preparing an updated, FAA-approved Airport Layout Plan that shows existing and recommended Airport facilities
The Norfolk Airport Authority wants to ensure that the master planning process is a collaborative effort between the Airport, the community, airlines, airport tenants, public agencies and other stakeholders. We hope you will participate in this study.
Stay Connected Online: www.ORFMasterPlan.com