Newtown Road southbound under I-264 will be closed weeknights starting August 5 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. for eight weeks.
NORFOLK – Newtown Road southbound under I-264 will be closed weeknights starting August 5 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. for eight weeks.
Currently, there is a left lane closure on Newtown Road south at I-264 as part of the I-64/Witchduck Interchange Improvements project. Full closures of Newtown Road south will occur weeknights through the beginning of October. There will be some full weekend closures from 7 p.m. on Friday until 5 a.m. on Monday but those closures will be announced in advance.
Signed detours will be in place:
I-264 west traffic using Exit 15 to Newtown Road
Newtown Road south before I-264 overpass
- Traffic will take Exit 14A ((I-64 E/Chesapeake/Suffolk)
- Merge onto I-64 E
- Take Exit 284 B (Newtown Road)
- Merge onto I-264 E and take Exit 15 (Newtown Road).
- Traffic will turn right onto Center Drive
- Take left onto Kempsville Road to Newtown Road
for more detail on the I-64/264 projects.