The Norfolk Department of Human Services Adult Foster Care Program is now accepting applications for new providers.
The Norfolk Department of Human Services Adult Foster Care Program is now accepting applications for new providers. Adult Foster Care homes provide meals, medication management, supervision for safety, coordinate medical appointments and transportation arrangements, and assistance to adults who are unable to live independently. The program offers an opportunity for adults to live in a home-like environment while still having their day to day needs met.
We are looking for individuals who are willing to invite adult citizens into their home, family, and engage in social activities as well as provide for their basic needs.
Adult Foster Care Provides Services for: older adults, young adults with lifelong disabilities who were former foster care children, adults who have mental health needs and adults with intellectual delay.
- A monthly stipend
- Support from Norfolk Department of Human Services
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in the life of an adult
- Prospective Adult Foster Care Providers must:
- Submit an application
- Consent to a home and lire inspection
- Agree to a criminal background check to include child protective services and adult services background check
- Provide Personal References
- Complete a tuberculosis screening
- Own or rent a home
If you are interested in becoming a provider, contact LaRhonda Ross at 757.664.6648