• Kittens are usually ready to return to the shelter for adoption around 8 weeks of age. This means that time in foster can range from one week to two months. Younger kittens may require bottle feedings as often as every two hours and will need assistance going to the bathroom (contact stimulation).
• Foster kittens should be kept in a space that is temperature controlled, easily sanitized, and separate from other household animals. This keeps both the foster kittens, and household pets, as healthy as possible.
• Depending on the length of the foster period and/or health of the foster kitten(s), there may be multiple treatment/check-up appointments scheduled at NACC. Foster parents are responsible for timely transportation to and from these appointments. Foster parents are also responsible for administering any prescribed medications to their foster kittens.
• Despite best efforts, some orphan kittens simply do not survive, or must be humanely euthanized to prevent further suffering.
1. I agree to provide temporary foster care for the above identified animal(s) for the Norfolk Animal Care Center (NACC) and that my services are strictly voluntary, without pay or compensation of any kind, and without liability of any nature on behalf of NACC.
2. I acknowledge that NACC does not guarantee the temperament, behavior, or health of my foster animal, and I must notify NACC immediately if I believe the temperament, behavior, or health of my foster animal is incompatible with my home environment.
3. I acknowledge that NACC is unable to reimburse personal expenditures for vet care, food, and other items such as toys, leashes, collars, blankets, etc.
4. I acknowledge that if emergency or after-hours veterinary care is needed, NACC authorization is required prior to treatment. I understand that by failing to obtain prior authorization, I may forfeit my right to reimbursement.
5. I agree to abide by all applicable state and local laws pertaining to companion animal care and welfare.
6. I agree to follow any specific care instructions recommended by NACC regarding diet, supplements, and/or medications. I agree to bring my foster animal to NACC for any required vaccinations, deworming, or other prescribed treatments as needed. Absent such instructions, I agree to feed, water, and exercise my foster animal appropriately.
7. I attest that I have never been charged with or convicted of animal cruelty, neglect, or abandonment.
By checking the "I agree" box below, you agree and acknowledge that 1) your application will not be signed in the sense of a traditional paper document, 2) by signing in this alternate manner, you authorize your electronic signature to be valid and binding upon you to the same force and effect as a handwritten signature, and 3) you may still be required to provide a traditional signature at a later date.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field