Event Permit Paperwork
The forms listed may be in addition to event permit applications depending on the nature of the event. All applications/forms should be filed with the listed department.
SevenVenues Event Permit Applications
- Large Event Permit Application (PDF): Required for events with at least 200 estimated attendees.
- Small Event Permit Application (PDF): Required for events with at most 200 estimated attendees.
Civic League Notification
It is the responsibility of the Event Organizer to inform the Civic Leagues surrounding the event location of the event date, location, and nature. SevenVenues will assist you in determining the appropriate community groups to notify. View the Civic Association Directory for contact information.
Fire Code Requirements
Event organizers and vendors must adhere to all regulations and requirements of the Norfolk Fire Marshal. View the Special Event Fire Code Requirements (PDF) for specific information.
Use of Norfolk Public Schools
- Norfolk Public Schools (NPS) Facility Lease Application (PDF): Required for all events that utilize NPS open space areas or parking lots and combined properties.
Event organizer are solely responsible to work directly with vendors they have approved for at their event. Vendors should receive all paperwork directly from the event organizer and the event organizer should collect and submit paperwork to SevenVenues.
Additional forms/applications may include:
- Vendor Agreement (PDF): Required for all Festival Park events (Town Point Park and Ocean View Beach Park).
- Vendor Requirements (PDF): A list of requirements to provide vendors.
Commissioner of the Revenues Office Forms
- Special Event Business License (PDF): Required to sell merchandise, retail, food/beverage, and other products at all events.
Health Department Forms
- Temporary Health Permit (PDF): Required to provide any food/beverage to the public at an event.