Certain citizens may be eligible for Protected Status for Voter Registration purposes. These include the applicant if he/she or a member of the household is/has:
- Active or retired Law Enforcement Officers, Judge, U.S. or Virginia Attorney General attorney.
- Been granted a court issued protected order
- In fear for personal safety from being threatened or stalked by another person
- A participant in the Virginia Attorney General's Address Confidentiality Program
- Been approved to be a foster parent
In order to claim Protective status, you must meet one of the above criteria -AND- provide a Post Office Box for your mailing address.