We strive to make the best possible matches between the adopter and their new companion. We do have a few guidelines that we'll follow to make this happen:
- Adopters must be at least 18 years of age.
- Adopters may be asked to show proof of home ownership or rental agreement allowing pets.
- Adopters may be asked for a veterinary reference for all currently owned companion animals.
- Adopters must have at least one interaction with the chosen NACC animal before adopting.
- Because we have limited history on many of our shelter animals, we strongly encourage all household members meet the animal before making a final adoption decision.
- Adopters with dogs are asked to bring their dog for a meet-and-greet with the chosen NACC dog. Again, we advise this step to ensure everyone's safety and compatibility.
- All of our dogs, cats and rabbits are spayed or neutered, microchipped, vaccinated (and more!) before leaving NACC
- Bring your questions and we'll do our best to answer them!
- If you need advice after taking your new pet home, we'll still be here to listen. Our commitment to you remains for the life of the pet.
Fees for Adopting Dogs & Cats
The adoption fee is $75 for all cats / kittens and dogs / puppies, and includes:
- Application of Advantage flea preventive
- FIV / Leukemia test (cats)
- Heartworm test (dogs)
- Microchip implant
- Primary vaccinations (including rabies vaccine)
- Spay / neuter surgery
Fees for Adopting Small Animals & Birds
- Rabbits - $60 (includes spay or neuter surgery)
- Ferrets - $60
- Guinea Pigs - $15
- Other small animals and birds have various adoption fees.