- Departments N to V
- I Want to Find...
- Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG)
- Food Service Establishment Fats, Oils & Grease
FOG (Fats, Oils & Grease) - Food Service Establishments
The City of Norfolk has a program designed to partner with Food Service Establishments (FSEs) to help ensure Grease Control Devices (GCD) are in place and properly maintained.
FSEs are required to:
- Register all GCDs (traps and interceptors) with the City of Norfolk Dept. of Utilities Water Quality FOG Program Manager.
- Have at least one employee become certified/maintain Best Management Practice (BMP) Certification.
- Keep all GCD/Yellow Grease Container cleaning and disposal logs onsite for at least 3 years.
Any FSE installing a grease control device or replacing an existing grease control device, must submit the New GCD FOG Approval Request prior to completing the FSE GCD Registration.
ALL FSEs ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE FSE GCD REGISTRATION FORM AT TIME OF OPENING AND WHEN/OR/IF ANY CHANGES OCCUR IN MENU, OWNERSHIP, RENOVATIONS OR AT ANYTIME UPON REQUEST OF THE FOG OFFICE.
The List of Approved High-Capacity Hydro-Mechanical Grease Interceptors can be found made by the following manufacturers (this is not a complete list - GCD manufacturers will be added as review of documentation is completed and found to meet the Hampton Roads Regional Technical Standards for Grease Control Devices):
The following links offer additional information on the FOG program, registration, certification, maintenance and cleaning/disposal logs. All website materials may be printed or electronically distributed for use under the following conditions: the content is used for informational and non-commercial purposes only and the content is not modified.
FOG Approval & Registration
Note: Documents available in Chinese and Spanish by request.
GCD Certification & Maintenance
- HRFOG BMP Certification
- HRPDC Grease Interceptor Maintenance Guide
- GCD Cleaning Guide
- GCD Cleaning Log
- Used Cooking Oil Disposal Log
- Prolonged Shutdown GCD Cleaning Guide
Grease Control Device (GCD) Cleaning Tutorial
- View an informational video about cleaning and maintaining your Grease Control Device (GCD).
Thank you for keeping Norfolk sewers grease free!
Find out more information about Norfolk’s FOG Program by contacting us:
Mail: City of Norfolk, 6040 Waterworks Rd., Norfolk, VA 23502
24 HR Water & Sewer Emergency #757-823-1000
To request a presentation, brochures, posters, fight the fat lids, sink strainers or other public information services, please call 757-664-6730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.