Intellectual/Developmental Disability (ID/DD) Services focus on the needs of individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Individuals may be eligible for ID/DD services with a psychological evaluation which contains the following;
- Full scale IQ;
- Adaptive functioning;
- Clear diagnosis of a developmental disability; age of onset prior to age 22; or
- Clear diagnosis of intellectual disability, including severity; age of onset prior to age 18.
Support Coordination Services
ID/DD Support Coordination Services are tailored to assist individuals and their family members in accessing needed services that are responsive to the individual's needs. Services are available to ages three and above.
Support Coordinators provide the following services in this program:
- Identifying and reaching out to potential consumers assessing needs and planning services;
- Linking the individual to services and supports;
- Assisting the person directly to locate, develop, or obtain needed services and resources;
- Coordinating services with other Community Services Boards;
- Enhancing community integration;
- Making collateral contacts;
- Monitoring service delivery;
- Advocating for individuals in response to their changing needs; and
- Assuring service authorization of Medicaid Waiver services
For Intakes/DD Waiver Screenings, contact:
Norfolk Community Services Board
7447 Central Business Park Drive
Norfolk, VA 23513